Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Licensing error - interference with other component?

More
28 Jan 2011 07:10 #239 by support
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:26 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: RE: New build: QuickOPC.NET 5.04.54.1 (FIX: license not recognized by x64 assemblies)

Zbynek,

So far the customer’s tests seem to be good.

Thanks,
R.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2011 09:35 #237 by support
This issue is fixed in QuickOPC.NET 5.04.54.1 and later. New download posted on our Web site today.

More
27 Jan 2011 09:33 #236 by support
R.,

This should only be in x64 DLLs.

Zbynek

Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:06 PM
Subject: RE: Dart Power Controls

Zbynek,

Can you clarify if this is a bug on the x64 dlls or is it also an issue with the 32 bit on a x64 machine?

R.

From: Zbynek Zahradnik [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:15 AM
To: R.
Subject: RE: Dart Power Controls

R.,

Actually I have now found that there probably is a bug in the component that always causes that the licenses are not recognized when running as 64-bit app. I cannot quite understand how it could work for the customer in his other projects, but maybe he just have not noticed it, because his error handling was not fully correct. So the issue does not seem to be related to Dart Power Controls.

I should have the fix for this bug by tomorrow. Hopefully it is the same thing that is bothering the customer.

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:47 PM
Subject: Dart Power Controls

Hello Zbynek,

I wanted to make sure [...]. The customer needs to rollout his project this weekend. He would like to be able to use the x64 dlls but he does need some time to test that everything is okay.

Is there any other information I need to get from him? Would it be helpful for you to have the project file?

Thanks in advance,
R.

More
25 Jan 2011 16:51 #229 by support
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 8:36 PM
Subject: RE: x64 .dll issues

Zbynek,

I believe the product he is using the PowerTCP Suite. Specifically it is the Socket controls. www.dart.com/ptsubnet.aspx
He said the .dll version showed 1.1.1.0. He downloaded on 11/17/2010. The .dll version also had a file date of 1/30/2008. The installer is attached, ....

[attachments removed]

R.

More
24 Jan 2011 20:02 #226 by support
R.,

to the first issue, I was trying to find the trial of it on www.dart.com/download.aspx, but when I downloaded PowerTCP for .NE, which I thought would be the thing, then 1) it does not contain the precise DLL, and 2) it is much newer version (4.3). What precisely is the customer using, and can we get hold of it either from Dart, or from him?

Zbynek Zahradnik

More
24 Jan 2011 19:56 #223 by support

Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 5:33 PM
Subject: x64 .dll issues

[... the customer is using x64 .dlls]

[the customer] has 8 services running on one machine. All use Data.NET x64 .dlls. Seven of them run fine. Eighth does not. The difference in the last one is that he is also using a Dart.Power.TCP.Sockets.dll v1.1.1.0. He is receiving a license error after ½ hour of running the application. If he builds the same service with the 32 bit .dlls and targets the x86 CPU he does not run into this license error.

Any ideas on why the Dart power control would interfere with the licensing?

I had him check the Windows event logs and also the TOP Server event log to see if we could determine where the conflict is, but I wasn’t able to find anything. We have narrowed it down to being an issue with the dart power control and the Data.Net together, since the services are all running on the same machine, and all of the services without the Dart controls work fine.

Thanks in advance,
R.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds