Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Using PicoOPC in VB.NET project with Visual Studio 2010

More
03 Oct 2019 13:37 - 03 Oct 2019 13:38 #7792 by support
Hello.

Please describe your problem better, in line with the guidelines: www.opclabs.com/forum/announcements12/2365-rules-for-forum-posts . Specifically, "does not work" is very poor problem description - include the error message or other symptoms, and the code you are using.

Also, in the future, start a new topic for a new issue. You may include a link to related issue if needed.
Regards
Last edit: 03 Oct 2019 13:38 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2019 13:08 #7791 by tangoristo
Thanks Admin.
I've continued my test with String ID identification without problem.
Today, i've tried to connect to a Siemens PLC with an OPC UA integrated.

The Node identification is different than before.
Is not a number , not a String but is composed in this mode:

"String"."String"

I've tried to create an unique string but does not work.

Please can you help me to identificate an OPC node with that type of ID?

Thanks Again

More
19 Sep 2019 18:46 #7747 by admin
There is a NodeId constructor overload for each of 4 possible types of NodeIds. One of them is string. See:

www.opclabs.com/files/onlinedocs/PicoOpc/1.0/BrowserHelp/web...s.PicoOpc.UA.NodeId~_ctor.html

The second argument is always numeric - it is the namespace index. More about all that:

www.opclabs.com/files/onlinedocs/PicoOpc/1.0/BrowserHelp/web...tml#Node%20Identification.html

Best regards

More
19 Sep 2019 15:23 #7744 by tangoristo
Hi,
i've installed Visual Studio 2017 and the library works. I've read some variables in my OPC-UA.

But i've a problem; for identify a variable, i have to use nodeid and index.
I use UAexpert as OPC Client to navigate my OPC for identify the nodeID and index. But some variables has a String nodeID and not numeric.

The nodeID object seem to accept only numeric ID.

There is a way to obtain the numeric nodeID from String nodeID or use a String nodeID in the nodeID object?

Thanks again

More
19 Sep 2019 13:42 - 19 Sep 2019 13:42 #7743 by support
Hello,
thank you for your interest in our products.

Did you really mean Visual Studio 2010? That is fairly old. I am afraid it may not even be possible to make it work. PicoOPC target .NET Standard (.NET Core, usually, but it can also be .NET Framework), and that has not existed at that time. Is there any particular reason you are staying with such an old version?

We do not have specific instructions for compatibility with particular IDEs. Any development environment that supports .NET Standard 2.0 should be able to use PicoOPC. If you are receiving errors indicating that version of NuGet is too old etc., the solution is obvious - upgrade to the newer version. Have you tried that?

Best regards
Last edit: 19 Sep 2019 13:42 by support.

More
19 Sep 2019 12:20 #7741 by tangoristo
Hi,
i want to use the PicoOPC library in my VB.NET project. I am using Visual Studio 2010.
I've Installed Nuget and i've tried to install PicoOPC packet. I've received some errors with System.ValueTuple (NuGet version too old) and PicoOPC (.NET framework compatibility).
Please can you help me to set up a system compatible with PicoOPC (system requirements, Visual Studio version, .NET framework version ecc).

I need to read/write some variables in an OPC-UA server (integrated in a Siemens PLC) and monitor a variable change (machine state).

Thanks for support

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds