Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× The UADemoPublisher program (console application) is a demonstration publisher for OPC UA PubSub.

delta frames with UADemoPublisher

More
22 Feb 2022 12:19 #10647 by support
Hello,

I have checked the source code, in order to get the precise picture. Here is how it works:

* FixedLayoutPubSubConnection (FixedLayoutGroup): For all writers, KeyFrameCount is applied only when the transport uses JSON (not for UADP).
* FlexibleLayoutPubSubConnection (FlexibleLayoutGroup): For all writers, KeyFrameCount is applied only when the transport uses JSON (not for UADP).
* DynamicLayoutPubSubConnection (DynamicLayoutGroup): For all writers, KeyFrameCount is applied (both with JSON and UADP).

There were some reasons to do it this way; they had to do with the fact that the design of the writer groups/dataset writers comes from an initial OPC UA PubSub PlugFest, where it was/is required from the participants to use certain settings (there was some freedom, and that's we we tried to capture with the configurable options, but some settings were mandatory). I am hesitant to make a change to the UADemoPublisher that would not be backward compatible. But, if you describe to me what is it that you are trying to achieve/test, perhaps I could add something to allow that, in a compatible way.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2022 08:12 #10645 by Ehmsen
I am trying to use your UADemoPublisher in order to verify my implementation of subscribing delta frames. I can see delta frames coming from the DynamicLayoutConnection, but not from the FlexibleLayoutConnetion, even if I pass '-kfc 10'. Is it not applicable? If so, can you explain why? Otherwise, what am I missing to make FlexibleLayoutConnetion send delta frames?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds