Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Livemapping not working

More
19 Jun 2021 12:23 #9797 by support
Replied by support on topic Livemapping not working
Hello.

Thank you for information about the broken link. We will look into it. But,m there wasn't supposed to be more information that already listed on opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ing.DAPropertyMappingKind.html .

I have some additional questions.

1. I assume that "the parameter is incorrect" is the value of the var1ErrorMessage property in runtime, and not some compilation error - please confirm.
2. Is that the full and precise text of the error message?
3. When is the first time the var1ErrorMessage property is to set this value (or any non-empty string)? Is it during the Read, the WriteTarget, or the Subscribe call?
4. Please add one more property, this type with DAItem(Kind = DAItemMappingKind.ErrorMessage) (and also typed as Exception). This will have nore information than just the ErrorMessage. And, please report here the full text of the exception in this property, its call stack, and if there is a non-null InnerException, the same for the inner exception, recursively.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2021 14:07 #9796 by alu
Replied by alu on topic Livemapping not working

alu wrote: Hi
Thanks for the reply. I added the exception property and got errors saying "the parameter is incorrect". What could be the reason?
Thanks.

I tried to look into ErrorMessage but the html page was not there:

QuickOPC/OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic~OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.LiveMapping.DAPropertyMappingKind~ErrorMessage.html was not found on this server.

More
18 Jun 2021 14:04 #9795 by alu
Replied by alu on topic Livemapping not working
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I added the exception property and got errors saying "the parameter is incorrect". What could be the reason?
Thanks.

More
17 Jun 2021 18:26 #9788 by support
Replied by support on topic Livemapping not working
Hello.

If "nothing happens" in Live Mapping, it usually means that there are errors. But, you do not get to see any errors, unless you add a corresponding mapping for the error too (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...n%20the%20Mapper%20Object.html ).

See opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...rame.html#Mapping%20Kinds.html for the mapping kinds - you need e.g. ErrorMessage, Exception, or one of those...

Try adding the following mapped property to your mapped class - something like:
[DANode, DAItem(Kind = DAItemMappingKind.ErrorMessage)]
public string var1ErrorMessage { get; set; }

Then, inspect the value of this property after the Read, and the WriteTarget call.

Best regards

More
17 Jun 2021 17:28 #9786 by alu
Livemapping not working was created by alu
[DAType]
public class Demo
{
[DANode, DAItem]
public bool var1 { get; set; }
}
static void Main()
{
var mapper2 = new DAClientMapper();
var demo = new Demo();
mapper2.Map(demo, new DAMappingContext
{
ServerDescriptor = "xxxxxxxxxxxxx",
NodeDescriptor = new DANodeDescriptor { BrowsePath = "/Demo" },
GroupParameters = 1000,

});
mapper2.Read();
demo.var1 = true;
mapper2.WriteTarget(demo.var1, false);
mapper2.Subscribe(/*active:*/true);
}

Hi
I am currently developing wpf with opc 2021 da. My OPC data structure is the same as /Demo from your OPC labs kit server. The opc connection is good, I can read&write&subscribe. However, livemapping couldn't make any changes to the KW-opcclient. no reading, no writing. Did I miss anything? Please advise. Thanks.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds