Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Databinding in user control

More
16 Sep 2013 17:09 #1428 by support
Replied by support on topic Databinding in user control
Thank you. What you described should be perfectly doable, it's just a question of the right approach. It seems that you are on track; if you run into problems, please ask again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2013 12:08 #1425 by edokt
Replied by edokt on topic Databinding in user control
Hello

Here is some details on what i want to do
I have to develop OPC Client application which will connect to an OPC server developed by me as well. The goal is to send some commands to OPC Server (by setting the value of Boolean OPC tags). The OPC sever must do some treatment when it receive these commands and then must response to client that it finished its task. it must inform on progress of completing the task as well.
The client has some buttons activated or not, depends on the values of OPC server tags. It also has a progress bar to show the progression of opc server task.
I thought to create the client as a user control, as i would like to import it to some supervision software.
That is a little description of project.
For the moment I’ll use the feedback of item_changed event to manage the animation.
Thanks

More
14 Sep 2013 16:40 #1422 by support
Replied by support on topic Databinding in user control
The Live Binding should work the same with standard (Microsoft-provided) controls, your own controls, or 3-rd party controls - as long as we talking about the usage as envisioned in the documentation, i.e. you bind to top-level properties of such a control, from its parent form.

Your scenario might be a bit more involved, and I am not sure it will work right away - but we are certainly interested in knowing what the users want to do with our component, and possibly advise on how to do it, or even improve the product. Can you please provide more details, such as:

- do you use the live binding simply to manipulate properties of the user control from its parent form (as described above - the supposedly well-supported scenario), OR
- do you use the live binding inside the user control, to properties of its constituent controls, OR
- are you trying to somehow manipulate properties of controls inside the user control?

Where are the DABinder (or UABinder) and BindingExtender placed? Are they on the design are of your user control, or on the parent (form)?

Thank you
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
13 Sep 2013 07:32 #1420 by edokt
Hi everybody

I'm trying the “QuickOPC .Net” and I have a question for data binding functionality.
Is it working with custom or user control as well?
I created a project windows forms and user control and I have a problem with data binding the windows controls (textbox, progress bar, etc) placed in user control, but no problem with the windows controls placed directly on windows form.
Thanks for your help

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds