Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OpcLabs.QuickOpc 5.70.1053 - .NET Framework 8 - Problem

More
11 Apr 2023 03:55 #11674 by support
Hello,
thanks for letting me know.

Yes, if the code was effectively doing something that was not needed for service install, and it was that part that was causing the issue, then of course bypassing that code is the best way to deal with it - not only it resolves the problem, but removes unnecessary operations as well.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2023 23:13 #11673 by IRuiz
Thanks for the support, I was able to circumvent InstallUtil issues by removing static declarations of EasyDAClient and EasyUAClient and any code related to both of them that was called upon InstallUtil executing the service installer. Everything seems to be working now.

More
10 Apr 2023 09:32 #11672 by support
Hello,

there is one more possible workaround to try (I know I could have tested it myself but cannot do it at the moment and wanted to reply quickly): See kb.opclabs.com/Assemblies.config_files .

In your case, you can create a copy of your application EXE.config file (with the binding redirects) into Assemblies.config file - in the same directory as the EXE file. And then run InstallUtil exe and see if it helps.

Best regards

More
10 Apr 2023 08:41 #11671 by support
Hello.
The StackOverflow post mentions GAC, but the issue has absolutely nothing to do with the GAC.

We have documented that the referencing model has been changed from assembly references to package references. This has many/far reaching consequences that are not specific to QuickOPC, and cannot be listed in their entirety.

In this case, this is clearly a Microsoft design problem. The binding redirects in the config file are taken into account when you run the EXE standalone. But they are not taken into account when your EXE is loaded by InstallUtil. InstallUtil uses its *own* configuration file - just as any other .NET app.Again, this behavior is unrelated to QuickOPC, it will happen with any program that specifies binding redirects in its configuration file.

Best regards

More
09 Apr 2023 18:45 #11670 by IRuiz
Hi,

I can try workarounds but bear in mind this services installers used to work on the previous QuickOPC release, so the breaking changes are on your side and there is no mentioning on the 'Guidelines and Precautions for Upgrading to OPC Data Client V2022.2 (5.70)' document regarding this behavior besides mentioning something about the GAC which is probably related to how InstallUtil tries to resolve referenced assemblies.

Beast regards.

More
09 Apr 2023 08:39 #11669 by support
Hello.

I think you are dealing with this: stackoverflow.com/questions/3940120/installutil-bindingredirect
- suggested solutions are there as well.

Best regards

More
08 Apr 2023 18:35 #11668 by IRuiz
Hello,

Here is the same sample project, removed everything, upgraded NuGet to PackageReference mode, installed only OpcLabs.QuickOpc 5.70.1053. And the issue remains, able to run standalone debug/release .exe, service install always fails.
Attachments:

More
08 Apr 2023 14:28 #11665 by support
Oh, I see. You did not. But Visual Studio did, because it is using the old "packages.config" model. That actually may work, but it is not the recommended way, plus it makes it impossible for me to reproduce the problem because now the project you sent to me references the assemblies but does not actually contain them.

Please first migrate to PackageReference: See the bottom part of opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...es%20in%20Visual%20Studio.html .

This may not solve the problem, but would be much better starting point for further investigation.
If you keep getting problems, please post the updated project, as before.

Best regards

More
08 Apr 2023 14:21 #11664 by IRuiz
What are you talking about? I did not add any manual reference to any assembly..

More
08 Apr 2023 14:14 #11663 by support
Hello.

Your project references the individual assemblies taken from the packages, instead of referencing only the NuGet packages necessary. This way it is not going to work.

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds