Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

New OPC UA user

More
06 Apr 2023 10:07 #11656 by support
Replied by support on topic New OPC UA user
Hello,
thank you for your interest in QuickOPC.

Basic example of subscribing to OPC UA variable:
opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...de%20for%20data%20changes.html

There are many other examples available.

It is also possible to "bind" to POCO (Plain Old C# Objects), we call it "Live Mapping", but frankly, for most usages the easiest is the approach closer to the example above. It all depends on the use case.
Live Mapping: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...e.html#Live_Mapping_Model.html

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2023 09:42 #11655 by gavin.bushby@darnholm.com
I downloaded and installed quick OCP UA and I can run the demo, but I cannot find how to integrate this into my existing c# project. Do I have to purchase a licence before I can trial the integration? In the project I can either integrate a client to communicate with an external OPC UA Server or have both the Client and Serve on the host PC so I can communicate with any PC. My environment is C# WPF, but I don't want to bind to a display variable, I need to bind to variables within the C# code .I simply want to read and write data from and to a target PLC.
Hope you can help

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds