Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

License embedment, RegisterManagedSource Issue.

More
07 Feb 2023 14:12 #11515 by jgonzalez
Thank you,

Your guidance has allowed us to guide the customer in the right direction.

Really appreciate your input.

Best regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2023 17:25 #11509 by support
Hello.

1. RegisterManagedResourceWithExistenceCheck is available from version 2022.1. It is not in version 2021.3.

2. Most likely the namespace in the resource name is incorrect. There are troubleshooting steps in the documentation: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/2021.3/User%2...esource%20License%20Store.html . Use ILDASM to figure it out. If I can guess, it is impossible that the resource name starts with just "HMI.", because that is the folder name in the project, and because Visual Studio prepends the default namespace, for it the default namespace would have to be empty, which I think is not even possible. So even without going the ILDASM way, you need to look at the project's properties in VS, and make sure the Default Namespace is prepended to the resource name, i.e. the default namespace needs to be followed by .HMI and then the actual file name.

3. With regard to what you are trying to with the licensing (i.e. embedding the license, and getting its properties), you can use EasyDAClient and EasyUAClient interchangeably.

Best regards

More
03 Feb 2023 16:13 #11508 by jgonzalez
Hello,

I have a customer using v2021.3 to build an HMI App (.net4.8 Framework, 32-Bit App, deployed to Windows 10 Pro), and are having issues embedding the license to their application for deployment.

I have attached a document that shares details of their application, the code they are using to embed the license, and the error they are seeing.

On our end, we were able to replicate the issue but have not been able to find a solution. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

File Attachment:

File Name: HMIapplica...sue.docx
File Size:246 KB
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds