Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Licence Issues

More
16 Feb 2022 17:16 #10628 by DavidYeoman
Replied by DavidYeoman on topic Licence Issues

support wrote: Hello,

The license itself does not intentionally constraint you to some Windows versions. It is the version of the software that is probably causing the issue (see kb.opclabs.com/Versions ).

But, you need a license that covers the version you want to use. I have checked our records and you have not purchased an "upgrade assurance" with the license. Therefore your license only covers versions up to the one that was current at the time of purchase, plus 60 days.

In order to use version 2021.3, you would need a version upgrade - you get 50% discount of the new base license price (www.opclabs.com/purchase/full-price-list ). For purchase over the Web shop, I can email you a discount coupon code for the version upgrade. Let me know.

Best regards

Thnaks, please email me a discount code

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2022 17:09 #10627 by support
Replied by support on topic Licence Issues
Hello,

The license itself does not intentionally constraint you to some Windows versions. It is the version of the software that is probably causing the issue (see kb.opclabs.com/Versions ).

But, you need a license that covers the version you want to use. I have checked our records and you have not purchased an "upgrade assurance" with the license. Therefore your license only covers versions up to the one that was current at the time of purchase, plus 60 days.

In order to use version 2021.3, you would need a version upgrade - you get 50% discount of the new base license price (www.opclabs.com/purchase/full-price-list ). For purchase over the Web shop, I can email you a discount coupon code for the version upgrade. Let me know.

Best regards

More
16 Feb 2022 16:06 #10626 by DavidYeoman
Licence Issues was created by DavidYeoman
A few years ago, I used OPClabs 5.3.5 with a MultiPurpose Licenece to develop a couple of client applications using VisualStudio2012 deployed on Win7

One of my customers now wishes to upgrade one of the target machines to Win10 and I cannot get OPClabs 5.3.5 to work either using Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2022.

I have managed to get the demo version of OPClabs 2021.3 with Visual Studio 2022 to communicate with the clients OPC server, but if I apply my existing licenec it won't run (unless I'm doing something wrong)

Is there a way around this, or do I have to upgrade the licence to a newer one - is there an upgrade path or do I have to buy a whole new licence?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds