Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Loading DLLs Dynamically and missing a Library after upgrade

More
15 Mar 2021 18:18 #9502 by support
Oops. I have confused the version. Please accept my apology.

Yes, in version 5.59 and many versions preceding it, you need to select the Embedded assemblies.
What I wrote below applies to version 5.60 and onwards (there is no "Embedded assemblies" option in the installer, and all the assemblies are always in that folder).

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2021 17:52 #9501 by Restrepo
Never mind, I completely forgot to select embedded Assembliean on the installer. I run the installer again and selected the right components and now I found it. Thank you for your quick reply.

More
15 Mar 2021 17:07 #9499 by Restrepo
Thank you for the quick response,

Could you clarify if the assembly "BoxedAppSDK.Managed" should be in that folder? I am asking because I do not see it. Is this a situation where the customer would only need to reference the OpcLabs.BaseLib.dll? I am just not sure why would he had an error that is asking for the assembly BoxedAppSDK.Managed.

More
15 Mar 2021 16:59 #9497 by support
Hello,
from version 5.59 onwards, this assembly, and all assemblies, should be in Assemblies\net47 under the product installation folder.

Best regards

More
15 Mar 2021 15:47 #9492 by Restrepo
Hello Z,

I am currently working with a customer who recently upgraded to the current version of the OPC Data Client, version 5.59 from 5.3. he tried to load a dll he created dynamically that references the OpcLabs.BaseLib.dll. However, when he does that, he gets a dependency error: Could not load file or assembly 'BoxedAppSDK.Managed, Version=2020.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84fe779840c3b626' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Do you have any suggestions on how to overcome this issue? It looks like the dll is not included in that version of the toolkit. Would it be possible to get that dll for that versions so that he is able to deploy their upgraded application?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds