Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

"Class not registered" error when moving to new server

More
15 Dec 2020 14:21 #9283 by support
Thanks for update.

FYI, the OPC server installation is not correct without the OPC Core Components. It seems that they have forgotten to include it.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2020 13:46 #9282 by tlaford
Yes, Installing the Core Components seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you for your help.

More
14 Dec 2020 20:56 #9279 by support
Thank you.

First thing I would do is to make sure that the latest version of OPC Core Components is installed - from opcfoundation.org/developer-tools/samples-and-tools-classic/core-components/ . (use the MSI format).

Best regards

More
14 Dec 2020 18:04 #9278 by tlaford
Thank you again for the quick response.

Are you saying that those programs can connect successfully to your OPC server, but your own app cannot?
When I execute the EasyOPC.NET Demo Application, it has the same "Class not registered" error when I try to read one of the tags.

Do you have any test OPC client, not based on QuickOPC, to verify that a connection to that OPC server is actually possible?
I do not have any other clients.  The connection works fine on the old server.

That's not ProgId or CLSID, that is just the host name. Depending on the method overload used, the ProgID will likely be in the 2nd argument. What value is there?
"mahlo.10AOpcServer.1" is the second argument to the SubscribeItem() call.

More
14 Dec 2020 16:54 #9277 by support
Hello.

3. Do you have any other OPC client on the new system that can successfully connect to the server?
I have the test programs that get installed with the QuickOPC-Classic 5.20.

Are you saying that those programs can connect successfully to your OPC server, but your own app cannot?

Do you have any test OPC client, not based on QuickOPC, to verify that a connection to that OPC server is actually possible?

4. What ProgID or CLSID are you using to connect to the server?
The call to SubscribeItem() uses localhost as it's first argument.

That's not ProgId or CLSID, that is just the host name. Depending on the method overload used, the ProgID will likely be in the 2nd argument. What value is there?

Regards

More
14 Dec 2020 16:46 #9276 by tlaford
Thank you for the quick feedback!

1. Was your old server 32-bit system or 64-bit system?
Both servers are 64-bit Operating System.

2. Is your application compiled for AnyCPU, x64 or x86? (in project properties)
AnyCPU

3. Do you have any other OPC client on the new system that can successfully connect to the server?
I have the test programs that get installed with the QuickOPC-Classic 5.20.

The call to SubscribeItem() uses localhost as it's first argument.

5. Are you sure that the ProgID or CLSID of the server has not changed (if you are installing a different OPC Server version?) Have you verified that?
The mahlo 10A OPC Server is the same version on both servers.

More
14 Dec 2020 16:19 #9274 by support
Hello. I have some questions.

1. Was your old server 32-bit system or 64-bit system?
2. Is your application compiled for AnyCPU, x64 or x86? (in project properties)
5. Are you sure that the ProgID or CLSID of the server has not changed (if you are installing a different OPC Server version?) Have you verified that?

QuickOPC 5.20 is not officially compatible with Windows Server 2019, but it may work, depending on circumstances. It is very old. kb.opclabs.com/Versions .

Best regards

More
14 Dec 2020 16:13 #9273 by tlaford
I am in the process of moving from Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard / Service Pack 1 to Windows Server 2019 Standard.

QuickOPC-Classic 5.20 is running just fine on the old server.
The mahlo 10A OPC Server is running just fine on the old server.
My .NET application is running just fine on the old server.

I have installed QuickOPC-Classic 5.20 on the new server.
I have activated the license on the new server.
I have installed and configured the mahlo 10A OPC Server on the new server.

When my .NET program runs on the old server, it subscribes to ~130 tags and successfully receives updates when the tag values change.
When my .NET program runs on the new server, it attempts to subscribe to ~130 tags and generates a "Class not registered" error for each tag.

Can someone help me identify why I can not subscribe to the tags on the new server?
  • Is QuickOPC-Classic 5.20 compatible with Windows Server 2019 Standard

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds