Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Automated deployment / to RegAsm during install or not?

More
20 Nov 2020 20:25 #9213 by tblong
Excellent, that made it clear for me now. One of the main reasons we picked this library was from the active support we saw on this forum. Much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2020 15:13 - 20 Nov 2020 15:17 #9212 by support
Hello.

No, there is no need to do RegAsm if your program is in .NET.

QuickOPC-COM denotes the usage of QuickOPC from COM-based tools, *not* the kind of OPC specifications. So, you would be using QuickOPC-COM if your program was, say, in VB6, Delphi, VBScript, VBA, PHP, or so.

Best regards
Last edit: 20 Nov 2020 15:17 by support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tblong

More
20 Nov 2020 13:29 #9211 by tblong
I have reviewed the following two pages in the user guide along with a few other posts related to RegAsm:
My application is targeting .NET v4.7.2, using the QuickOPC nuget package v5.59.0-rev23 (I do realize this is a prerelease), and will be using the EasyDAClient for subscribing to items on both the same machine and to remote machines with OPC servers. This is the part highlighted below in the docs that are not quite clear to me yet mainly due to the mention of "QuickOPC-COM":

My application will be using the following three assemblies:
  • OpcLabs.BaseLib.dll
  • OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic.dll
  • App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll

It is still a bit unclear to me whether I must use RegAsm to register the top two assemblies in bold above during install of my application since my app is .NET based and not directly COM based; I'm getting tripped up by the "QuickOPC-COM" mention in the documentation. I understand that my app will be using both COM and DCOM to communicate but my app is .NET based. Do I still need to use RegAsm? What do I need to educate myself on further?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds