Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Two Versions

More
30 Sep 2019 17:51 #7777 by support
Replied by support on topic Two Versions
The versions will be installed in different directories and will be largely independent. Some "global" items that will not be kept separate are things like Simulation OPC server for OPC Classic but nothing that should affect you.

The only thing that really matters are the QuickOPC assembly references in your project. Check the directories they point to. Normally they will point to the subdirectory of the Assemblies folder under a specific QuickOPC version. The newer version should use a different directory and therefore your project should still be pointing to the right (the old) assemblies. If you want to be absolutely sure, make a copy of these QuickOPC assemblies into a folder *inside* your project's structure, and then re-establish the references, pointing to that place. Your QuickOPC assemblies will then be more logically group with the project - and certainly, no newer QuickOPC installation will attempt to replace them.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 17:22 #7776 by neilcooley
Two Versions was created by neilcooley
Hi

I have existing code running on a old version, v5.2 and i wish to keep this at the moment, can i install and run the latest version alongside this ?

O/S is Server 2008.

Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds