Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Error with licensing

More
06 Apr 2015 16:40 #3037 by support
Replied by support on topic Error with licensing
Oh, I see. I was incorrectly assuming that the .REG files received were either directly used (through RegEdit), or that they were exported from the target machine.

I am glad it works now and that you found the reason.

Thank you for reporting it, because although the problem was not really on our side, we will consider improving the error handling so that the exception thrown better indicates the situation, should it happen to somebody else again.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2015 15:14 #3036 by bruker optics
Replied by bruker optics on topic Error with licensing
Considering that it worked for you using the REG file I sent you ... but it still wasn't working for me. I was able to track down that the installer program I was using (InstallAware) was not writing the data properly to the registry. The hex values were incorrect.

Sorry to bother you. Thank you for your efforts.

More
06 Apr 2015 07:41 #3035 by support
So far I was not able to reproduce the issue. I have used the same operating system (Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit), QuickOPC 5.31, and your registration files. Possible differences were in the fact that I have installed QuickOPC (but not the license) using the setup program, and I have used a different application (the demo app) to test the license.

Can you please reply the following:

1. Which precise build of QuickOPC 5.31 are you using? The best way to figure out is to locate one of the assembly DLLs that start with "OpcLabs." in Windows Explorer, then right-click on it, select properties, and read out the version on the Details tab.

2. Please verify that all "OpcLabs.*" assembly DLLs have precisely the same version and build (i.e. all four version number fields should be the same).

3. Have you tried your installation/registration sequence on multiple computers, or just one? If just one, can you try more? If more, does the problem happen on other machines as well, or just this one?

4. Is the computer where the problem appears in a virtualized environment? If so, or if you can easily take and restore snapshots of disk state, will the problem disappear if you install the license using License Manager instead? Will the problem disappear if you install QuickOPC using its own setup program?

Thank you

More
06 Apr 2015 07:35 #3034 by support
(received the registration files through email, thank you)

Sent: Friday, April 03, 2015 8:48 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: RE: [OPC Labs Online Forums] Error with licensing (Installation, Deployment)

Hello,

Attached is the REG file. Thank you for replying promptly.

-R.

More
03 Apr 2015 18:36 #3033 by support
Hello,

can you please send the .REG file you used (please zip it - otherwise it gets removed by virus checkers) to us, by email to support09 (at) opclabs.com.

Thank you

More
03 Apr 2015 14:36 #3032 by bruker optics
I am receiving an error deploying QuickOPC using an OEM license. I've spent three days trying to correct this. My license is issued to my company "Bruker Optics Inc.".

"The type initializer for 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.LicensingEasyDAClient' threw an exception"

I've installed the license by exporting the registry key from my development PC (using RegEdit) to a ".reg" file.

DEVELOPMENT PC:
- Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bit
- QuickOPC 5.31
- Standard; ISV/OEM License
- License Manager displays component: "QuickOPC 5.3"

TARGET PC:
- Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit
- Installed all the dll's for QuickOPC 5.31
- Installed IV/OEM using registry key

Below is the exception information:

Type: System.TypeInitializationException
Message: The type initializer for 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.LicensingEasyDAClient' threw an exception.
Source: OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicInternal
StackTrace: at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.LicensingEasyDAClient..ctor(IEasyDAClient baseClient, IEasyDAClient instance)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.UpdateBaseClient()
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.Construct()
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient..ctor()
at OpusDiagnostics.OpusStatusOpc..ctor() in c:\Source Code\LATA Gas Analyzer\Source Code\OPUSGasAnalytical\OpusDiagnostics\Class1.cs:line 33
at OPUSGasAnalytical.Forms.MainForm..ctor() in c:\Source Code\LATA Gas Analyzer\Source Code\OPUSGasAnalytical\Forms\MainForm.cs:line 73
InnerException:
Type: System.InvalidCastException
Source: OpcLabs.BaseLibExtensions
StackTrace: at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.License.ReadRegistry(RegistryKey registryKey)
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.RegistryStore.GetLicense(String licenseId, License& license)
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.LicenseHandler.QueryLicenseList(String licenseId, List`1& licenseList)
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.LicenseHandler.ObtainLicense(String licenseId, LicensedEntityInformation licensedEntityInformation, Boolean verify, License& license)
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.LicenseHandler.ObtainVerifiedLicense(String licenseId, LicensedEntityInformation licensedEntityInformation, License& license)
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.LicensingRoot.ObtainLicenses(LicensedEntityInformation licensedEntityInformation)
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.LicensingRoot.InvokeLicense(String licenseId, LicensedEntityInformation licensedEntityInformation, License& license)
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.Licensing.ActivateLicense()
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.LicensingEasyDAClient..cctor()

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds