Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Running installer silently as part of another deployment package

More
06 Feb 2015 07:39 - 06 Feb 2015 07:40 #2731 by support
C.,

Running our installer as part of another installer package should be doable, though I must state it is not something that I would claim as “supported”. Some info is here: www.opclabs.com/forum/installation-deployment/749-unattended-setup#749 .

It should be possible to select the “Production install” by specifying /TYPE=productionnet or /TYPE=productioncom .

Our installer will not, even when run in this way, install the license itself. The best it can do is to launch the License Manager. When somebody wants to automate the installation of the license, I give him the document you now have access to, and they do it according to the document.

Best regards,
Last edit: 06 Feb 2015 07:40 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2015 07:39 #2730 by support
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 10:24 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Access to Restricted part of Forums

Hi Z,

[...]

I’m trying to view a document linked to in your forums that is in the restricted section (the one mentioned here: opclabs.com/forum/installation-deployment/1360-programmatically-deploy-license-file). I’m hoping you can grant me access.

Just as an FYI – the reason I’m looking is to see if I can find info on running your installer silently as part of another deployment package. I see that if I run it with “/?”, I can see the different switches. I also found from our SWTB internal knowledge database, that these are a list of components to be included with the “/COMPONENT” switch (albeit this was with web client): support.softwaretoolbox.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1150 .

I’ve been working with someone who wants to install the minimum pre-reqs possible using your installer, then install his license (I have shown him the way to do this with exporting it from the registry).

I was looking to see if there’s some option to automatically have it do a “Production install” to simply give him what he needs without installing all the extras such as demo code, etc…

I’m sure I can find this information already somewhere eon your site, so with access to the restriced section

Thank you again. [...]

C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds