Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

License: Single Developer + Runtime Free License

More
19 Jan 2015 18:59 #2618 by LordAshes
I applied the license as per the suggested documentation and that solved the problem (and my questions).

Thanks for the quick response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2015 16:06 #2617 by support
Re Question 1: No. The license needs to be installed separately on each computer where the component runs. Please study the "Application Deployment" section in the "Concepts" document. It contains information related to this.

Re Question 2: Does not apply, because of the answer to Question 1.

Re Question 3: See answer to Question 1 - your are getting this exception because the proper license is not installed.

Best regards

More
19 Jan 2015 15:56 #2615 by LordAshes
I have purchased a "Single Developer + Runtime Free" License. The use of this license is obvious when developing OPC based solution in something like Visual Studio because the developer workstation (where the application is compiled) contains the license and then the EXE can be distributed to multiple computers (royalty free).

Question 1: Am I correct in assuming that the distributed EXE does not need a copy of the license file with it because the fact that it was created with a valid license (as opposed to a trial version) is somehow embedded into the EXE during the compile?

Question 2: If the assumption of Question i is correct, how does this work for non-compiled application such as a PHP page? Since a PHP page is not compiled the fact that it was "developed" using a valid license can not be embedded into the code unless one needs to add a line to the source code to indicate the license ID. Can you please indicate what is necessary to run PHP pages, with EasyDAClient code, on computers other than the development workstation.

Question 3: Previously we were distributing our application (developed on a Windows 7 development workstation which has the license) to a Windows Server 2008 OS and everything seemed to work fine. Now we purchased a Windows Server 2012 OS and we seem to be having issues. Our application seems to get 'Null' as VTQ object from subscriptions and writes don't seem to generate errors but the write does not happen (i.e. the OP tag value remains the same). I tried a simple write from PHP instead (i.e. as opposed to a VS application) and got the following error:

exception 'com_exception' with message 'Source: OPCLabs.EasyDAClient.5.2 Description: Not allowed to run by the license. You might be using a trial license, and the version of the software you are using is obsolete. Obtain a recent version to resolve this problem. ' in C:\SPET\PubDisplay\test.php:6 Stack trace: #0 C:\SPET\PubDisplay\test.php(6): com->ReadItemValue('', 'ICONICS.Simulat...', 'INT00_SCCx_STD0...') #1 {main}

I used the following PHP code:

<?PHP
	echo "The Value is: '" ;
	try
	{
		$EasyDAClient = new COM("OPCLabs.EasyDAClient.5.2");
		echo $EasyDAClient->ReadItemValue("", "ICONICS.SimulatorOPCDA.2", "INT00_SCCx_STD01x_M01");
	}
	catch (Exception $E)
	{
		echo $E;
	}
	echo "'";
?>

In our case the PHP page and the OPC Server are running on the same machine (i.e. the OPC requests are local as opposed to remote). Is this truly a license issue or could it be that Windows Server 2012 is blocking the EasyDAClient? If we need to make some Firewall Exception Rules can you please indicate for which files or point me to some documentation which outlines how to do this?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds