Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Setup - exact sequence of steps for production deployment

More
22 Nov 2014 17:54 - 22 Nov 2014 18:00 #2527 by support
Besides placing files to their proper locations, here is the sequence of additional relevant steps taken in the installation (I have removed the stuff that only relates to OPC UA, or is not installed by default, or is only for COM development):
  1. Visual C++ redistributables
  2. OPC Core Components

That's it!

I will send you some of the actual source files for the installation by email. We are using InnoSetup, so some knowledge of it is needed to understand them. Especially, note that the actions under the [Run] section are executed in the order given in the source file, but there can be multiple [Run] sections, and indeed in our setup, some other [Run] sections exist in the #include files, so you must look at the order of #include-s as well.

You will also notice that we suppressing the reboot that can otherwise be invoked by the installations that we called. That is not really proper to do, but it turned out to work well in reality.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2014 18:00 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2014 17:49 #2526 by support
Date:19/11/2014 08:52 (GMT+01:00)
To: Z.
Subject: Setup

Hello Zbynek,

[...]
The problem:
Our customer clearly does not want a separate setup (OpcLabs Setup) in the CD.
We MUST integrate the OpcLabs libraries in our setup.

[...]
Your documentation explains already very well what to do.

I've also read the documentation many times, I've tried all possible combinations: VS redistributables, OPC Core modules, different versions, something else....

The result is always the same:
Our installation runs in SOME PC but never ALL.

When we install OpcLabs (.NET Production Installatin Mode) everything runs fine in ALL machines.

For me it is clear: your setup implements the right way that works on all machines.
We haven't managed so far to reach such result.

[...]

At last, my question:
Would it be possible for you to let us know what exactly your setup does?
Which components are installed, exactly the version, in which order they are installed, which conditions are tested (depending on what is already found on the target machine), and so on...

At this point I would rather prefer this way instead of going on debugging our product and try to guess what it might be...

[...]
We have spent so much time til now, something "small" is still missing at some point.

I thank you very much in advance,
loking forward to hear from you soon,

Regards,
E.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds