Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Deployment procedure

More
31 Oct 2014 06:36 - 31 Oct 2014 06:37 #2478 by support
Replied by support on topic Deployment procedure
Dear Sir,

the answers to your questions are not "Yes" or "No".

The answer to both your questions is "You can do in in various ways. Depending on which way you choose, you need to follow the corresponding procedures, described in the documentation". That's why I have referred you to the documentation, because it contains the explanations needed, and they are, in total, several pages long.

If you tell me which approach you prefer, I can then point you to the precise part of the documentation, or answer any specific question you may have to that.

Best regards
Last edit: 31 Oct 2014 06:37 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2014 06:33 #2477 by support
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 6:14 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Cc: ...
Subject: RE:RE: Deployment procedure

Dear Zbynek,

I’ve checked and read the forum but sorry that I don’t know how to further the thread that I write email to you again.

I’ve read chapter 8 of the concepts document but I’m just not sure if I fully understand that I furthered the two yes/no questions and hope that your support agent can tell me the answer.

1. Should I install quickOPC on the runtime PC I deploy? Or I just need to install .net framework 4.5; installing visual++ redistributable; OPC core components 3.0 redistributable and then select the assemblies files in my installshield procedure and install it on PC I deploy?
2. Should I place the license manager on the runtime PC I deploy and also register it with development license file you sent me?

Best regards,

F.

More
30 Oct 2014 13:39 #2476 by support
Dear Sir,

answers to questions 1 and 2 are fully contained in the Concepts document, chapter "Application Deployment". The explanation is more than just a few lines, therefore I refer you to reading the documentation. If you still have questions afterwards, I will be happy to answer them.

To question 3: The EasyXXClient objects have a LicenseInfo property, which contains a dictionary of license fields, such as serial number, subject name, etc. You can read this information and verify if it is correct. The easiest way is just to look at the serial number - it should be the same as on your license key. If, for any reason, the licese is not recognized, there will be a default number, for a trial license, something like: 1111111120 or close.

Best regards

More
30 Oct 2014 13:35 #2475 by support
Deployment procedure was created by support
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:05 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Deployment procedure

Dear Zbynek,

1. Should I install quickOPC on the runtime PC I deploy? Or I just need to select the assemblies files in my installshield procedure and install it on PC I deploy?
2. Should I place the license manager on the runtime PC I deploy and also register my license file on it?
3. How do I know if my develop and runtime PCs are well with quickOPC develop and runtime license?

Best regards,

F.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds