Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Deploy together with OpcLabs Setup (Product Installation Mode), do we still need additional OpcLabs files?

More
18 Sep 2014 10:18 #2309 by support
Unfortunately there is no way I can provide with you with a merge module, because our setup program is not based on Windows Installer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2014 06:55 #2307 by Emilio
Hi, I've just talked to our setup manager.

Actually the solution of installing first the OpcLabs in Product Installation Mode and then our components looks better than doing everything manually.

Only one thing came to the discussion: would it be possible to get from you a merge module instead of the full setup?

The reason is, handling two different setups requires more effort, something like a setup manager (I'm not fit in this topic). A merge module can be easily embedded in one setup.

We can discuss the issue telephonically also, if it is better.

More
17 Sep 2014 14:53 #2306 by support
Emilio,

yes, the steps you gave at the bottom of your post should work, that's exactly how it is supposed to work.

Regarding the other way to do, where you have run into a problem:

The LicenseManager started but it couldn't find any OpcLabs product and it was impossible to register the license.

Actually this should be only the problem with the license manager; everything else should work. It is a known problem (License Manager is missing certain registry entry), and if you need a solution for doing it this way, let me know and I will post it here.

Best regards

More
17 Sep 2014 14:13 #2305 by Emilio
Some time ago we spent some time to find out what exactly we need to deploy to run applications that use OpcLabs components.
For example:
- OpcLabs DLLs
- OPCF Core Components.
- Redistributables

Today I wanted to install the runtime license for the first time on a target PC, where the OpcLabs software was never installed. The LicenseManager started but it couldn't find any OpcLabs product and it was impossible to register the license.

I've read in the documentation that one can install the OpcLabs software in Product Installation Mode and then register a license, I've done it and it worked perfectly.

My question is: if we install the OpcLabs software in Product Installation Mode, then we install our software, WITHOUT additional steps (OPC Core, redistributables...) would it still work?

I can of course test it under an empty VMWare, but I'd rather prefer first a theoretycal answer as well...

Concrete example:
I develop an EXE that browses OPC Servers and subscribes some OPC Item, no class libraries.
Empty machine (only .NET 4.x installed).
- Install OpcLabs software in Product Installation Mode.
- Copy our EXE.

Does it work?

Thanks,
Emilio

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds