Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

5.30.1024.1 Installation Problem

More
17 Jan 2014 17:19 #1672 by jgyenese
I still get two "Help Content Manager: The specified content does not exist or is unreadable." errors. But afterward I get a "Help Content Manager: Do you want to install untrusted content?" message - click yes.

In the Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application I get three Errors from HlpCtntMgr. They are:
Help Content Manager exited with error: InvalidCmdArgs
Help Content Manager exited with error: InvalidCmdArgs
Help Content Manager exited with error: NoBooksToUninstall

The good news is that the install did put an OPC Labs folder in the start menu programs folder and it looks like everything is there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2014 12:04 #1671 by support
Hello,
the new currently posted build (5.30.1034.1) has a fix for the VS 2013 help integration.

Best regards

More
16 Jan 2014 09:42 #1668 by support
I have found a problem which causes errors when attempting to install the help contents into VS 2013 (VS 2012 would work well). We will fix it and post an update here.

It is not clear what caused the missing folder/icons. Hasn't there been a "premature" restart during the installation? Anyway, after the fix for the above is available, reinstall and see if it helps.

Best regards

More
14 Jan 2014 18:51 #1664 by jgyenese
I have visual studio versions 6.0, 2010 Pro SP1, and 2013 Pro installed.

More
14 Jan 2014 18:43 #1663 by support
Hello, thank you for reporting this.

Which version(s) of Visual Studio do you have installed on your computer please?

Best regards

More
14 Jan 2014 16:12 #1662 by jgyenese
Trying to perform a Full Installation (minus com interop components) of this version I get an error message stating:
"Help Content Manager: The specified content does not exist or is unreadable."

After dismissing the message (twice) I looked in the start menu and there is no folder for the product, but I did not have the option selected to not create a start menu folder.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds