Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Using separate instances of EasyDAClient object

More
27 May 2012 13:07 #868 by support
P.,

There really is no benefit in using separate instances of EasyDAClient object, in terms of performance, reliability etc. On the other hand, there is also no harm - and, if, for example, using separate objects somehow makes the application logic more streamlined, and the coding easier, then go for it, and create multiple EasyDAClient objects as you need.

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

Original Message
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:32 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: OpcDAClient Monitoring

Zbynek

I have taken your advice by inferring that a quality value of zero on every signal being monitored infers a loss of comms to the plc.

At the moment I have all 30 variables being monitored for change via a single instance of an OpcDAClient using the

publicvoid opcDAClient_PlcDataChanged(objectsender,EasyDAMultipleItemsChangedEventArgs es) event handler.

Of these, some will change more often than others but at the moment, a change in any one results in multiple checks on the item ID returned so that it can decide on which display value to update. It works fine, but I wondered if there were benefits in breaking up the values into 2 or 3 groups, ie and have them monitored by separate instances of an opcDAClient.

Regards

P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds