Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC 3 to QuickOPC 5

More
15 Dec 2011 15:47 #721 by support
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:26 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: RE: QuickOPC 3 to QuickOPC 5

Zbynek,

Thanks for your input. I hope I can use your example to change from v3 to v5. But if you are puzzled about the way this was solved, then I will take care when going from v3 to v5.

…..

/Steffe

Sent: den 14 december 2011 13:01
To: S.

Stefan,

I have looked at the code you have sent, and I am quite puzzled. It could be because it is just an extract, but still it has some unnerving things in it.
- The COM library was NEVER meant to be used liked this, i.e. directly from .NET client by use of Interop assembly. We were supplying a .NET layer assembly for years already, for this purpose.
- There are methods and property on the Quality object that allow to test whether it is Bad, Good etc. Testing it against 0xc0 is not a good practice.

Anyway, here is an example of ReadMultipleItems:

public static void Main()
{
var easyDAClient = new EasyDAClient();

DAVtqResult[] vtqResults = easyDAClient.ReadMultipleItems("OPCLabs.KitServer.2",
new DAItemDescriptor[] { "Simulation.Random", "Trends.Ramp (1 min)", "Trends.Sine (1 min)", "Simulation.Register_I4" });

for (int i = 0; i < vtqResults.Length; i++)
Console.WriteLine("vtqResult[{0}].Vtq: {1}", i, vtqResults.Vtq);
}

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 9:43 AM

Hello,

I have extracted the code which seems to handle all OPC-communication, see attached file. If you can tell what v5 API I need to use this might not be so hard for me.

Best regards
S.

Sent: den 9 december 2011 11:11
To: S.

Hello,

The documentation is included with QuickOPC 3. I have now installed it and grabbed the Doc folder from the installed product. It is attached to this email.

There is no specific document for migration from Version 3 to Version 5. The differences are not very big, though, and I will be happy to help you with any questions or problems, though.

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 2:20 PM
Subject: QuickOPC 3 to QuickOPC 5

Hello Zbynek,

In our software […..] I need to change all QuickOPC v3 API calls to QuickOPC v5 API.
Do you have any documentation how to do this easily without spending too much time?

Can you send me the manual for QuickOPC 3? It was not included when I installed it.

S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds