Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Crashing IIS

More
13 Dec 2011 18:46 #700 by julian
Replied by julian on topic Re: Crashing IIS
Hi,
We've been unable to resolve the issue with the component. Because we require only a single function call "readItem" I've built an OPC component in C++ that performs the task. [.....]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2011 13:25 #644 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: Crashing IIS
The new build is available from the Downloads page. Verification: It is labeled 5.11.481.1 or later.

More
21 Nov 2011 19:34 #638 by support
Load tests under IIS resulted in a single crash, which could not be reproduced further. It was in Debug configuration, and it manifested itself as an ASSERT failure. Because of this difference, and inability to reproduce it more times, I could not tell with certainty that it was the same thing as you are seeing, but it is quite possible. I have made a fix, and we are now testing it. I will let you know when a build with the fix is ready.

More
21 Nov 2011 12:56 #628 by support
This is to let you know that we are working on the problem but were so far unable to reproduce it. The current test we have performs ReadItem-s in a loop, and is executed by multiple calling threads, but outside IIS. This has not crashed. Next attempt will be with Web application under IIS.
Regards

More
16 Nov 2011 14:47 #619 by support
Thanks for more details. I will try to set up a similar thing here and reproduce. Please allow some time for it.

More
16 Nov 2011 03:46 #618 by julian
I was able to get a StackTrace:System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.\r\n at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.CDAInnerEngine.ExecuteAlgorithm(CDAInnerEngine* , CSynchronizedAlgorithm* Algorithm)\r\n at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItem(ServerDescriptor serverDescriptor, DAItemDescriptor itemDescriptor)\r\n at iqdata.dataXML.fetch(Boolean demo, String poi, Boolean datapoint) in C:\\Users\\julian\\Development\\iquest\\web\\iqdata\\iqdata\\iqdata\\dataXML.cs:line 114"}

More
14 Nov 2011 20:00 #615 by julian
The system is running 32 bit windows w/ IIS 7.0.The only method being called is "ReadItem" inside of a loop. We loop 2 to 8 times per request.I don't have a short example as this is part of a very large c# class.

More
14 Nov 2011 19:50 #614 by support
Hello. These additional details would help:

Is this 32-bit or 64-bit system? Which version of IIS?
What methods are you calling on the component?
Do you have some short sample that allows to reproduce the problem?

Thank you.

More
14 Nov 2011 01:36 #608 by julian
Crashing IIS was created by julian
We are using the component in an asp.net page (ashx). When more than one client sends requests or one client sends rapid requests the component crashes IIS. The module is msvcr90.dll.Please let me know what additional information we can provide.Thanks for any help.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds