Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

1) Automation wrapper vs. QuickOPC, and 2) license for single developer

More
15 Oct 2011 09:53 #545 by support
Hello,

When you purchase a product, your license is labeled such as "5.1". This means that:

- you get all new builds (bug fixes and small improvements) of the same version (currently 5.11),
- you get all new versions numbered 5.1x which contain medium improvements (so if we release 5.12, 5.13 etc. it's all covered),
- and also if we decide to release a new version numbered differently (5.2x - for major improvements), you'll get it if it's in 60 days of date of your purchase.

Other version upgrades are paid.

Also see an explanation here: www.opclabs.com/Support/OnlineForums/tabid/195/forumid/9/pos...9/scope/posts/Default.aspx#179

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2011 09:52 #544 by support

Ok! Then I understand. Thank you for your quick answears..
And when you update your stuff I guess I get the updates to so I always can use your latest version..

I will get back to you about an order!

More
15 Oct 2011 09:52 #543 by support
Hello.

You need the " Single Developer + Runtime Free License". If you are developing in .NET languages such as Visual Basic.NET or C#, it would be the item labeled " 105102 QuickOPC.NET 5.1, Single Developer + Runtime Free License". If you are using old VB6, or other COM-based tools, then it would be " 135102 QuickOPC-COM 5.1, Single Developer + Runtime Free License", You would only need the Combo ("175102 QuickOPC Combo 5.1, Single Developer + Runtime Free License) if you plan to use BOTH the .NET and COM development tools, which isn't quite common.

Regarding the "syntax": There is plenty of resources you can use to learn from, including full documentation, and examples.

Documentation is installed with the product, or can be downloaded or viewed online here: www.opclabs.com/Resources/ProductDocumentation/QuickOPCClassicDocumentation.aspx

Here is a list of examples that gets installed with the product: <a href="www.opclabs.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=I0oIAwm-9PY%3d&...Y%3d&tabid=217&mid=988 .
Note that you can download the trial version (www.opclabs.com/Downloads.aspx ) and the examples and everything will work, only that the data will be valid for 30 minutes and then any application needs to be started again.

A "Quick start" document is here: <a href="www.opclabs.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=wjxM2zg5SJc%3d&...c%3d&tabid=217&mid=988

Best regards,

More
15 Oct 2011 09:49 #542 by support

Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:27 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: SV: Hello. Using your files...

Thank you for your quick replay.
Then I understand more about your functions for your "syntax". Do I get some manual(information) about all the different syntax that I can use in my vb.net function...

To the license question I have a few more questions that I hope we can take over email and not on the forum.

I do about 3 application per year. That’s 3 different computers that use this application then with your files.. I have to have a coast in numbers that I can show for my boss. To request many for this.. So my question is how mutch will this coast me to use?

Can you give me some numbers... thank you and looking forward to a good answear!

More
05 Oct 2011 15:48 #512 by support
Hello.
Your understanding is correct in principle, but QuickOPC does much more (and makes it much easier for the developer) than the so-called "automation wrapper", which is the OPCDAAUTO.DLL you are using. Quoting from our web pages:

Key Features

Specifications: OPC Data Access 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0, OPC Alarms and Events 1.10 and earlier, OPC Unified Architecture (through UA COM Proxy - included).
Tested for compliance with standards and interoperability.
Supports operating systems from Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 to Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Multi-threaded, non-blocking design for high performance.
Internal messaging layer provides isolation between OPC communications and the custom client code, resulting in high resiliency.
Automatically connects to and disconnects from OPC Servers.
Automatically adds, removes and maintains OPC groups and items.
Conserves resources behind-the-scenes by automatically disposing of objects that are not being used.
No limits to number of connections, subscriptions, or tags.
Automatic server status checking, detection of connection problems and server failures, and automatic reconnects.
Maintains client state and reconstructs the internal state of OPC server after reconnection.
Supports all flavors of OPC synchronous and asynchronous reads and writes, subscriptions, browsing, and property access.
Multiple independent OPC server connections.
Intelligent OPC Group parameter optimization.

With regard to licensing part of your question, you cannot purchase just the "Additional Developers License" without having a base license first. If you are a single developer and your solution will run on the same machine, your best choice is "Single PC Usage License".

More
05 Oct 2011 15:42 #511 by support

Original Message
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:09 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Hello. Using your files...

I have a question.
I make some application that saves data from tex OPC-Server to SQL.

Today I use OPCDAAUTO.DLL wrapper 2.02 to communicate with an Automation Direct KEP Direct OPC server.

Have have lookt in OPCFundation and then I find your company.
Your functions is simulary to the "Interop.OPCAutomation.dll"
I use today. Have I understand that correct?

What I would like to know what I have to do for use your dll.

So I can for example use .

' Create EasyOPC-DA component
Dim EasyDAClient As New EasyDAClient

' Read item value and display it
Me.Text1 = EasyDAClient.ReadItemValue("", "OPCLabs.KitServer.2", "Demo.Single")

In my code instead of "Interop.OPCAutomation.dll" syntax....

I hope you understand my question... I don´t looking for a finised application only licens to use your .dll

Is it this "QuickOPC Combo 5.1, Additional Developers License"

I wait for your replay... Submitted By: D.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds