Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Calling methods

More
07 Feb 2023 14:51 #11516 by leonOjd
Replied by leonOjd on topic Calling methods
Thanks for the info!

Leon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2023 12:27 #11514 by support
Replied by support on topic Calling methods
Hello,

this is somewhat high-level question and depends heavily on the PI vision features, and I do not know much about it. My understanding is that there is OPC DA and OPC UA server available, so with QuickOPC you should be able to access either of them, and transfer the data.

Regards

More
07 Feb 2023 09:29 #11512 by leonOjd
Replied by leonOjd on topic Calling methods
Hi,

So we need to get data to PI as destination after getting it in QuickOPC via calling methods, is it possible to capture that data returned by methods with PI vision.

Thanks

More
04 Feb 2023 10:58 #11510 by support
Replied by support on topic Calling methods
Hello,
this post contains the same question that I already answered via email, so here is the answer provided by email:

You can call methods using our QuickOPC product. It is a toolkit, not an application, so you need to write code to do the task.

Example: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...all%20a%20single%20method.html

---
I do not understand what you mean by "parse data to PI vision after getting them in QuickOPC".

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: leonOjd

More
03 Feb 2023 08:37 - 03 Feb 2023 11:53 #11507 by leonOjd
Calling methods was created by leonOjd
Hi everyone

I have a general question on how to do calling methods in OPC UA.

Our device supports methods, so we need to be able to call them and from what I understand we could do that with QuickOPC with additional code we write.

After, is it possible to parse data to PI vision after getting them in QuickOPC and is it much additional work required.

Any docs, support or suggestion is helpful!

Thanks
Last edit: 03 Feb 2023 11:53 by leonOjd.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds