Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Memory leak

More
14 Apr 2011 13:29 #358 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: Memory leak
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:00 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: RE: RE: Memory Leak

Ahh, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for looking into it.

R.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2011 13:27 #357 by support
R.,

The application code is adding new items to the list control for every update received, without limiting this or removing older items. Consequently, the list control needs more and more memory to hold the items. This explains the memory growth.

Having said that, I am currently running test to rule out a possibility of second memory leak in the component somewhere, to be 100% sure. [...]

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
14 Apr 2011 13:23 #356 by support
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 9:04 PM
Subject: RE: Memory Leak

Zbynek,

Attached is the sample app I used and also the TOP Server .opf file with some test tags you can subscribe to. I am using EasyOPCDaNet.dll version 5.4.102.1.

R.

More
09 Apr 2011 13:25 #351 by support
R.,

I have tried pretty much the same (using the SubscribeToMany example from the Bonus Pack, with 1000 tags), and could not reproduce the memory leak.
Please send me your project and server configuration (+ version/build of OPCData.NET used).

Many thanks

<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 10pt">Zbynek Zahradnik

More
09 Apr 2011 13:23 #350 by support
Memory leak was created by support
<span style="font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">From:<span style="font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"> R.
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 5:45 PM
Subject: Memory Leak

Zbynek,

We had a customer contact us about a memory leak in the Data.NET. I did a test with a single EasyDaClient object subscribing to 200 tags (simulated data in the TOP server) at a 1 second update rate. Application logged value changes to a listbox, but nothing else was going on in the project. Please let me know if you would like my test project and the TOP Server simulation project to review this issue.

If you need any additional information, let me know.

R.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds