Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Re: OPC Server

More
01 Feb 2018 11:56 #5932 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: OPC Server
Hello, unfortunately I do not quite understand your questions; maybe it's a language thing. It would help if you formulate them somehow longer.

No, you do not have to use code from our examples. You are supposed to write your own code, with the help of the examples.

If the questions actually was whether you always need to do some coding to achieve what you want: Probably yes.

The "code-less" option you have mentioned (with Excel Option) might be possible, but only under very limited circumstances. The Excel Option does not require any coding, but is best at transferring values *from* the OPC server *to* Excel. There is a "trick" that allows it to also do writing (which is, in my understanding, what you want), but its capabilities are limited, and it would depend highly on your *precise* requirements whether that could be used for CSV loading (it was meant rather for actual user interface where the users enters a value and it gets written into the server afterwards). More about this feature is here: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ite%20with%20RTD%20Server.html .

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cisowski

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2018 10:44 #5931 by Cisowski
Replied by Cisowski on topic Re: OPC Server
We have to always use code form your examples? If we use your excel option for OPC then we don`t need use code from your examples??

More
31 Jan 2018 14:55 - 31 Jan 2018 14:56 #5930 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: OPC Server
Yes, your understanding is correct. And QuickOPC can do it. It can be achieved in multiple ways. One of the easiest is to create a C# or VB.NET project in Visual Studio, write a code that reads the CSV lines and parses them for the values you need, and put in a code that does OPC "Write"-s to send the values to the PLC.

The very details of the code would slightly differ depending on whether you are dealing with OPC "Classic" Data Access server, or newer OPC Unified Architecture server. But in general, you would write the value similarly to examples that can be found here:

General Getting Started section: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...me.html#Getting%20Started.html

Let me know if this has helped, or what further questions you have.

Best regards
Last edit: 31 Jan 2018 14:56 by support.

More
31 Jan 2018 12:56 #5929 by Cisowski
Re: OPC Server was created by Cisowski
Hello,

I have to find software to sending data from CSV file which is generate by our ERP system to machines with Siemens PLC controller. At the moment we have got OPC Server created by TIA portal V13 but to the sending variables we need some OPC Client because OPC server it is only "transmition medium". I undrestanding it correctly?

Is it posiible by your products convert and send data from CSV file on the PLC controler variables.

QuickOPC standard will by enougth for it??
Do you have any tutorials how do it in your software?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds