Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

"Class not registered" error

More
27 Sep 2017 12:32 #5550 by tlaford
Thank you for the quick reply.

It seems to have been an installation error. I uninstalled QuickOPC Classing 5.20 and the mahlo 10A OPCServer, then I reinstalled both making sure to install the QuickOPC libraries first, and everything works now.

I guess the QuickOPC Classing 5.20 must have initially been installed after mahlo 10A OPCServer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2017 06:53 #5549 by support
Most likely this means that the OPC server is not properly installed on the target computer, but more details are needed in order to be sure. OPC server is a COM object, and it needs to be registered as such. This is usually taken care of automatically by its installation, but if things fail, it might be possible to register it manually from command line: Do "<filename> /RegServer" if it is an EXE, or "RegSvr32 <filename>" if it is a DLL.

The details I am looking for are:
1. The client and the server are on different computers, right?
2. Is the current operating system on the server 32bit or 64bit?
3. Was the original OS on the server side 32bit or 64bit?
4. What was the procedure used to install the server?
5. Please provide details of the exception: Full message, value of its .Source property, and the same about its .InnerException, if non-null.
6. Have you tried some OPC client to connect to the server *from the same machine where the server is located (locally)*, and what were the results? Please try that if not done yet. Can be the demo client app that comes with QuickOPC.
7. Have you tried some other OPC client to connect from the client machine to the server and what were the results?

Note: The SubscribeItem call always succeeds unless their is a usage (programming) error (such as null argument). This is by design. All errors are then reported through the data change notifications - the way you are seeing.

Thank you

More
26 Sep 2017 17:41 #5548 by tlaford
I have developed an OPC client using EasyOPC.NET 5.2 to communicate with a mahlo 10A OPC server (Server Class = mahlo.10AOpcServer.1). The system has been up and running just fine for 2+ years.

Now we have to deploy the same system on a new server, on a new network, for a new mahlo. No code has changed, no libraries have changed, only the mahlo unit itself has changed.

When I call OpcConnection.SubscribeItem() it works fine, but when the OpcConnection.ItemChanged event occurs, the Error Message is "Class not registered".

Could someone kindly provide me with some insight into what this "Class not registered" error really means?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds