Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Using OPC causes BitDefender to kill executable

More
28 Sep 2017 07:20 #5552 by support
Thank you for update. I am glad it works now.

I think the cause was what I suspected - it was the "boxing" feature. It is nice in that it greatly simplifies the installation and reduces dependencies. But under the hoods, it needs to do a tricky stuff to hook into Windows APIs, and that might be considered harmful by some security software. In anticipation of that, we have the documentation/knowledge base articles you have referred to correctly.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2017 16:34 #5551 by WordsLikeJared
Support:

First of all, thank you for the reply!

Secondly, I wasn't able to reproduce the error in a sandbox with the code I provided in my post originally. So I updated my post with code that does reproduce the error.

For future readers:

I went here and saw that I needed install (3) things: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, OPC Core Components 3.00 Redistributable, and OPC UA Certificate Generator utility. I installed all 3:

I added the <appSettings /> from here (it didn't work until I did this).

After doing all that the error went away. I haven't tested it end-2-end with a real server, so I don't know if it's completely working, or not.
Attachments:

More
26 Sep 2017 14:38 #5546 by support
I haven't met this problem specifically, but from the symptoms of it, this may help:

kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: WordsLikeJared

More
26 Sep 2017 14:13 - 27 Sep 2017 15:09 #5545 by WordsLikeJared
Here's some example code:
var client = new EasyDAClient();

client.SubscribeItem("", "OPCLabs.KitServer.2", "Demo.Ramp", 10);

Suppose this code is being ran by A.exe. When A.exe is ran and
client.SubscribeItem
is called, BitDefender will kill the A.exe process. BitDefender says it detected a threat. I've gotten IT at my work to allow A.exe to keep running. However my concern is that when we have A.exe running inside our customers' environments their anti-virus and related software may interfere with A.exe running.

Any idea what is causing this or how to prevent this from happening?
Last edit: 27 Sep 2017 15:09 by WordsLikeJared.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds