Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Disconnecting from an OPC Server

More
24 Jan 2011 20:04 #227 by support

Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 6:45 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: RE: Disconnecting from and OPC Server

Hello Zbynek,

Thanks. This makes sense. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. I can handle this one from here. Thanks again for the direction.

W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2011 15:35 #222 by support

W.,

To me, this looks more like something in the server – after all, if I understand it well, it goes into a weird state and refuses new connections? Can this be verified with other OPC client (not just customer’s application) at that time?
The code provided looks correct. The second part (the Dispose-s and GC.Collect-s) should not even be necessary.

Regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
24 Jan 2011 15:34 #221 by support
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 1:56 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Disconnecting from and OPC Server

Hello Zbynek,

.... I have another question. The customer claims his Data.NET is not disconnecting from the OPC Server. I had his set the hold periods to very low. Is there anything else I am missing?

With VB.Net 2005 and OPC Data.Net 5.4.35.1, the
TcOpcSvr.exe process keeps running sometimes . When it does and I try to restart my app it fails communicating to the OPC Server, as it is still running as a "ghost". When I close the OPC Server window it says clients are still connected. Which is not true since my application is closed (it no longer appears in Task Manager either).
EasyDA.HoldPeriods.ServerDetach = 1
EasyDA.HoldPeriods.ItemDetach = 1
EasyDA.UnsubscribeAllItems()
RemoveHandler EasyDA.ItemChanged, AddressOf SubscriptionHandler

EasyDA.Dispose()
GC.Collect()
Me.Dispose()
GC.Collect()
End

Thanks,

W.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds