Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

pdb not included

More
05 Mar 2017 14:54 #4988 by support
Replied by support on topic pdb not included
Unfortunately I cannot proceed further without having reproduced the issue here.
So yes, please send me the code (you can strip it down to just the minimum that shows the issues).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2017 08:38 #4986 by seecisud
Replied by seecisud on topic pdb not included
Any news?
If you need code, I can send you.

More
12 Feb 2017 17:03 #4959 by seecisud
I never call the GC.Collect anywhere.

The main problem is that this tye of error doesn't appear at any start of the program.

Here the content of immediate window when the program starts correctly:
A first chance exception of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException' occurred in MySql.Data.dll
A first chance exception of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException' occurred in MySql.Data.dll
A first chance exception of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException' occurred in MysqlManager.dll

As you can check comparing with the precedent list, now is missing this line:
A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException' occurred in App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll

Other information:
In my application I have a progress bar that starts counting with the start of the program. Only when the progress bar is ended I start the real application. Progress bar takes 60seconds to end the counter.
I have the chance, with a double click on the progress bar, to immediatly end the counter and so starting the application.
Usually I have the error when I use double click to immediatly end the counter. If I wait almost 30 seconds I (usually) don't have the error.
I use the word "usually" because I can't find a ricorsive situation for the errror.

I must ask to my boss to send you the relevant part of the code.

Thank you

More
12 Feb 2017 06:09 #4958 by support
Hello, thank you very much for the details.

The issue is weird, currently I cannot tell what is causing it.
It seems to be happening during finalization of our object. While there is nothing wrong with doing it, it is unusual that such finalization would occur during *initialization* of your app, as you described.

Isn't it related to those MySqlException-s happening before, so somehow your initialization code fails, and it is now in the process of cleaning up?

Are you calling GC.Collect explicitly somewhere?

None of that would be incorrect but I am trying to figure out the circumstances under which it happens. Ideally, can you send us (the relevant parts of) your source code? If it is confidential, instead of placing it onto forums you can email it to suport09 (at) opclabs.com.

Also, please make sure that in your VS Debugger options, the "Enable mixed-mode debugging" option is checked; if it wasn't checked, please re-run the test and try to capture the call stack again, because it may contain more info with this checked.

Regards

More
11 Feb 2017 15:05 #4957 by seecisud
2A. this is the content of IMMEDIATE window
A first chance exception of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException' occurred in MysqlManager.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException' occurred in App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll
System.Transactions Critical: 0 : <TraceRecord xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/2004/10/E2ETraceEvent/TraceRecord" Severity="Critical">msdn.microsoft.com/TraceCodes/System/ActivityTracing/2004/07/Reliability/Exception/UnhandledEccezione non gestitaSitrace.vshost.exeSystem.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089Eccezione lanciata da un componente esterno. in AfxThrowInvalidArgException()
in CEasyAbstractEngine.Finalize(CEasyAbstractEngine* )
in CEDAAbstractEngine.Finalize(CEDAAbstractEngine* )
in CEasyAbstractModule.DestroyDAEngine(CEasyAbstractModule* , CEDAAbstractEngine** pDAEngine)
in CEasyAbstractModule.RemoveDAEngine(CEasyAbstractModule* , CEDAAbstractEngine** pDAEngine)
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.CInnerModule.ReleaseDAEngine(CInnerModule* , CEDAAbstractEngine* pDAEngine)
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.InternalDispose()
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.~RawEasyDAClient()
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.Dispose(Boolean A_0)
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.Dispose()
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.!RawEasyDAClient()
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.Finalize()</StackTrace><ExceptionString>System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): Eccezione lanciata da un componente esterno.
in AfxThrowInvalidArgException()
in CEasyAbstractEngine.Finalize(CEasyAbstractEngine* )
in CEDAAbstractEngine.Finalize(CEDAAbstractEngine* )
in CEasyAbstractModule.DestroyDAEngine(CEasyAbstractModule* , CEDAAbstractEngine** pDAEngine)
in CEasyAbstractModule.RemoveDAEngine(CEasyAbstractModule* , CEDAAbstractEngine** pDAEngine)
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.CInnerModule.ReleaseDAEngine(CInnerModule* , CEDAAbstractEngine* pDAEngine)
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.InternalDispose()
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.~RawEasyDAClient()
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.Dispose()
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.!RawEasyDAClient()
in OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.Finalize()</ExceptionString></Exception></TraceRecord>

2B. this is the content of call stack
[Managed to Native Transition]
> App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!<Module>.CEasyAbstractEngine.Finalize() Unknown
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!<Module>.CEDAAbstractEngine.Finalize() Unknown
[Native to Managed Transition]
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!<Module>.CEasyAbstractModule.DestroyDAEngine(CEDAAbstractEngine** pDAEngine) Unknown
[Native to Managed Transition]
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!<Module>.CEasyAbstractModule.RemoveDAEngine(CEDAAbstractEngine** pDAEngine) Unknown
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!<Module>.OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.CInnerModule.ReleaseDAEngine(CEDAAbstractEngine* pDAEngine) Unknown
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.InternalDispose() Unknown
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.~RawEasyDAClient() Unknown
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.Dispose(bool A_0) Unknown
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.Dispose() Unknown
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.!RawEasyDAClient() Unknown
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.Dispose(bool A_0) Unknown
App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll!OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.Finalize() Unknown

4. Yes I have tried but nothing is changed.

Thank you
Attachments:

More
11 Feb 2017 14:35 #4956 by support
Hello,
thank you for reply.

Ad 2. You have not done the second part: "Check if the exception details contain a call stack; if not, open the Call Stack windows in debugger, Select All, Copy, and paste it to the reply as well"

Ad 4. Have you simply tried to uncheck "Break when this exception type is thrown" (in the picture you attached?)

More
11 Feb 2017 14:19 #4955 by seecisud
1. it appear when the first quicklab object is called, If no quicklab object is called it never appear. But I'm not sure which is the function tha create the problem

2. System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException occurred
Message: A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException' occurred in App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll
Additional information: Eccezione lanciata da un componente esterno.

3. project is a windows form

4. the problem is only during the debug mode of VS2013. During the execution of compiled file it never appear

thank you

More
11 Feb 2017 08:47 #4954 by support
Hello.

I have some questions.

1. At which moment does this happen - i.e. which function are you calling at the moment this happens?

2. Important: When in the situation as on the picture you sent, clink the link under Actions: "Copy exception details to the clipboard", and then paste the information to your reply. Check if the exception details contain a call stack; if not, open the Call Stack windows in debugger, Select All, Copy, and paste it to the reply as well.

3. What kind of application is your project? - e.g. Windows Forms, Console, Web Application, Windows Services, Web service, etc.

4. Does the problem also happen when you do not run the program under the debugger? (the reason I am asking is because the picture shows a point when the exception is thrown, but there are some exceptions that are thrown but then internally handled, in which case it would not mean any problem.

Best regards

Note 1: The actual error message is:

SEHException occurred.
A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException' occurred in App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll.

The ".....pdb not included" is just an information from the debugger that the symbolic information for the exception source is not available.

---
Note 2: I will be out of office in the coming week, with fairly limited access.

More
10 Feb 2017 13:15 #4953 by seecisud
pdb not included was created by seecisud
Frequently, when I launch the application I get the error in the image.
I must close and restart the application.
Sometimes the problem persists and I must restart application many times.

I'm using VS2013 community edition, quickOPC 5.35, .Net 4.5

Can you help me? Thanks
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds