Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.
Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.
Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.
i think i found the error. It was not an opc fault. There was a trend Micro Client antivirus installed. One of the trend Micro Services seemed to block the garbage Collection. The Service also needed 2 gb of ram. so i restarted the Service and after that my opc Service is performing normal.
Sorry for the Trouble.
Which version and build of QuickOPC are you using? Hint: In File Explorer, right-click on one of the "OpcLabs.*" assemblies, select Properties, and take the info from the Details tab.
There is a possibility, however, that there is nothing wrong with the increasing memory consumption either. Running this service requires continuous creation of objects, and .NET only disposes of the memory when it runs the garbage collector. It would be OK for the memory to grow if the garbage collector has not run. I agree it would be somewhat strange that it did not run for 2 days or so, but it is something that needs to be clear first.
Please run PERFMON together with your process, and add following Counters for the instance of your process:
.NET CLR Memory -> # Gen 0 Collections
.NET CLR Memory -> # Gen 1 Collections
.NET CLR Memory -> # Gen 2 Collections
Let it run, and observe whether the counters increase and how often.
i have a very simple Service, which writes values of opc items to a database. My Problem is, that the Memory consumption is slowly increasing. When i start the Service, it uses about 20mb, after 2 days it's already at 180mb Memory consumption. I attached the Project. Perhaps someone can take a look at the Project.