Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC .NET : blocking issue on windows 7 x64

More
28 Oct 2015 08:46 #3628 by support
Another customer has encountered the same (or similar) problem (Access Violation during BrowseServers, on Windows Server 2012, in 64-bit mode only), and in the end we were able to reproduce the problem - and fix it.

The fixed build is QuickOPC 5.35.442.1 (and any later), now posted as current download on this site. Please download it, re-build your apps and re-test.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2015 06:40 #3586 by support
Thank you for the additional info. As I could not reproduce it so far, I can only continue asking questions, and I have found one unanswered question: Does reverting to Microsoft .NET 4.5 resolves the issue?

Because the issue seem to be related to server browsing using component categories, it is also likely that adding the following to the beginning of your program will work around the problem:
EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.Machine.BrowseViaCategories = false;
- but with a possible negative consequence for remote browsing.

Do the machines that show the problem have some commonality in terms of the OPC servers installed on them? E.g. a particular server that is always there?

Last but not least, can't you create and deliver to us a virtual machine which shows the problem?

Thank you
Best regards

More
01 Oct 2015 14:13 #3585 by s-petit@hotmail.fr
Hi,

- The issue is only when running in x64 mode (you can check previous tests we made in this topic,
this is the context where it happend)

- "OPC Core Components Redistribuable (x64) 105.0" , exact version : 3.00.10501

Regards.

More
01 Oct 2015 09:50 #3583 by support
Hi - still missing answers to this:

2. Have you tried forcing the app to run in 32-bit process - and if so, what were the results? (I can help with that if you do not know how)
4. Please have a look into the list of installed programs Control Panel, and report precisely what it tells about "OPC Core Components" installed.

Thank you

More
01 Oct 2015 06:52 #3579 by s-petit@hotmail.fr
Hi,

Sorry for the late answer.

The issue occurs on several computers with the same operating system. In the demo application, when click the "Browse servers" button. Without browsing servers (manual input), it works fine.

Regards.

More
17 Sep 2015 19:11 #3564 by support
Thank you. In order to narrow it down a little, can you please answer the following questions? (I understand that you may not have answers to all of them, but please try as many as possible)

1. Have you tried other computers with the same operating system, and if so, what were the results?
2. Have you tried forcing the app to run in 32-bit process - and if so, what were the results? (I can help with that if you do not know how)
3. When does this exception happen - e.g. with the Demo app, what do you have to press for it to show up?
4. Please have a look into the list of installed programs Control Panel, and report precisely what it tells about "OPC Core Components" installed.

Thank you in advance

More
17 Sep 2015 12:50 #3563 by s-petit@hotmail.fr
You're right, it's not the same issue, in event log have the following :
Application: EasyOpcNetDemo.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
at <Module>.COCKMachine.GUIDEnum(COCKMachine*, _GUID*, UInt32)
at <Module>.COCKMachine.EnumViaCategories(COCKMachine*, CList<_GUID,_GUID &>*, CGUIDEnumCallback*, UInt32)
at <Module>.CEasyMachine.QueryServerClassesViaCategories(CEasyMachine*, CList<_GUID,_GUID &>*, CEasyServerElementMap*)
at <Module>.CEasyMachine.QueryServerClasses(CEasyMachine*, CList<_GUID,_GUID &>*, CEasyServerElementMap*)
at <Module>.CEasyMachine.RefreshServerElementMap(CEasyMachine*)
at <Module>.CEasyMachine.GetServerElementMap(CEasyMachine*, CEasyServerElementMap*)
at <Module>.CEasyBrowseServersAlgorithm.Perform(CEasyBrowseServersAlgorithm*)
at <Module>.CEasyMachineAlgorithmBase.PerformAction(CEasyMachineAlgorithmBase*, Int32*, UInt32, Int64)
at <Module>.CSynchronizedAlgorithm.ExecuteStep(CSynchronizedAlgorithm*)
at <Module>.CSynchronizedAlgorithm.Execute(CSynchronizedAlgorithm*)
at <Module>.CEasyAbstractEngine.ExecuteAlgorithm(CEasyAbstractEngine*, CSynchronizedAlgorithm*)
at <Module>.OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.CDAInnerEngine.ExecuteAlgorithm(OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.CDAInnerEngine*, CSynchronizedAlgorithm*)
at <Module>.CEDAAbstractEngine.BrowseServers(CEDAAbstractEngine*, Char*, Char*, CEDAAbstractMode*, CEasyServerElementMap*)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.InternalBrowseServers(System.String, OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OpcTechnologies)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.BrowseServers(System.String, OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OpcTechnologies)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.DelegatingEasyDAClient.BrowseServers(System.String, OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OpcTechnologies)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.CompositeEasyDAClient+<>c__DisplayClass19.<BrowseServers>b__18(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.IEasyDAClient,OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OpcTechnologies>)
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.FullyParallel+<>c__DisplayClass16`2+<>c__DisplayClass18[[System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OpcTechnologies, OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicInternal, Version=5.34.345.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409]], mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<Select>b__15()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr, System.Object[], System.Object, System.Object[] ByRef)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessageSink)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

It seems that it's while opc enumeration, i have to check more...
If you have any idea, it may help me.

Thanks.
Regards

More
17 Sep 2015 10:55 #3562 by support
I am a little worried that this might be a different issue, because 1) originally we had SEHException and now you report AccessViolationException, and 2) in my tests, the workaround recommended by Microsoft has helped on Windows Server 2012 R2 as well.

Have you verified that, on the same computer, reverting to Microsoft .NET 4.5 resolves the issue?

Thank you

More
17 Sep 2015 09:25 #3561 by s-petit@hotmail.fr
Hi,

The issue seems to be almost the same in W2012 R2. Here's system exception popup content :

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: EasyOpcNetDemo.exe
Problem Signature 02: 5.34.345.1
Problem Signature 03: 55e03f3b
Problem Signature 04: App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.amd64
Problem Signature 05: 5.34.345.1
Problem Signature 06: 55d785b9
Problem Signature 07: 266a
Problem Signature 08: 15
Problem Signature 09: System.AccessViolationException
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1036
Additional Information 1: 9d16
Additional Information 2: 9d163e11ebab880433fdf32aff7af233
Additional Information 3: 8e4a
Additional Information 4: 8e4af8d3f245a9c96ff39b6de42ad69a

Read our privacy statement online:
go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

For now, i don't know how to deal with this issue on W2012 R2...

Regards.

More
29 Aug 2015 16:12 #3531 by support
I have tested on Windows Server 2012 R2, and was able to work around the issue using the same registry settings as on Windows 7. Are you sure you aren't dealing with a different issue there? (please go back to my initial questions about prerequisites, installation procedure etc.).

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds