Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

64bit Windows ?

More
15 Jan 2011 08:22 #201 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: 64bit Windows ?
You might be interested in knowing that we have released QuickOPC.NET 5.04 yesterday, with enhanced support for 64 bits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2011 16:05 #174 by support
The problem with the Demo Application on x64 platform is now resolved, and the new build of QuickOPC.NET is available for download from this site.
More technical details are in the Knowledge Base: QON-KB-3. Using QuickOPC.NET on 64-bit platforms.

More
31 Dec 2010 18:52 #171 by support
Yes, this is the normal procedure anyway. Here is a quotation from the Purchase page:

How Does the Licensing Work?

The commercial installation package is the same you might have used for trial purposes, and is publicly available on our Web. When you make a purchase, we will send you a license file by e-mail. You then run the License Manager utility on your computer, install the license by pointing to the license file received, and you are done.
We normally send the license file during a few hours after your order. In general, however, it can take up to one business day.

Happy New Year!
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
31 Dec 2010 17:46 #170 by dieterh
Replied by dieterh on topic Re: 64bit Windows ?
Hello Mr. Zahradnik,
i think most of my applications are compiled with x86 option. Made some tests today: worked well.
Next week i will test by our customer. Maybe we purchase ist shortly, can we install the download version and use a key to unlock after the tests ?
Greetings
DieterH

More
31 Dec 2010 17:37 #169 by support
Hello,
thank you for pointing out this problem. I have attempted to reproduce it using QuickOPC.NET 5.03.446.1 (same as you), on Windows 7 Enterprise (x64, English). And, when I tried to run the Demo Application (.NET 2.0), I got following (after expansion):
Untitled1.png
The problem details are:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: easyopcdanetdemo.exe
Problem Signature 02: 5.3.446.1
Problem Signature 03: 4ccbdc18
Problem Signature 04: EasyOpcDANetDemo
Problem Signature 05: 5.3.446.1
Problem Signature 06: 4ccbdc18
Problem Signature 07: 5
Problem Signature 08: 10
Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

This appears to be the same problem as you are seeing. My initial investigation suggests that that the demo application is compiled with "Any CPU" as target, causing 64-bit Windows to start it in 64-bit mode. However the QuickOPC.NET assemblies it is trying to load are targeting "x86" only, and are thus rejected.
What we need is to make the system to start the application in 32-bit (x86) mode instead. This can probably be done using the CORFLAGS utility from the .NET SDK, however that is more a workaround rather than good solution. Better solution would be to have the executable (demo application) compiled for "x86" (not "Any CPU") as well. I will check if this works well, and if so, we will post an updated build. I think this also explains why your own application may work - if you have the target set in that way.
I will post follow-up information here when it becomes available.
Note: Native 64-bit product is in development.
Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
31 Dec 2010 12:29 #168 by dieterh
Replied by dieterh on topic Re: 64bit Windows ?
Hello,
tried it from the scratch in a bigger application which runs on 64bit Windows. IT WORKS. So why does the sample not run.
DieterH

More
31 Dec 2010 10:13 #167 by dieterh
64bit Windows ? was created by dieterh
Hello there,
i have installed the QuickOPC.NET Version on a 32bit System an everything seems to be ok. But the target system is a Server 2008 64bit and also Windows7 64bit. I tried it on both systems and it does not run, even the demo does not start.
The OPCLabs.KitServer runs and i can see all tags are alive. So what can i do to make the QuickOPC.NET run on that systems.
It is essential for the most projects, because i can not decide which (windows) operation system is underlying my applikation.
I tried it in VS2010 VB Compiler and get a (German) Error, see Attchment.
Happy New Year to all people reading this.
DieterH

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds