Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC DA does not update in debug mode

More
13 Jan 2015 14:34 #2603 by support
Can you please try following two things:

1) Based on your example with GetPropertyValue, can you try SubscribeItem (and hook to an event handler and observe whether you receive valid data, or eventArgs.Exception != null with "Access Denied"?). Reason: getting property values, reading and writing items is different from subscriptions. The subscriptions need bi-directional function calls, and more permissions. It is therefore possible that in some situations, get/read/write works, but subscriptions don't.

2) If you are on 64-bit operating system, set the target of your build to "x86" (and not "Any CPU" or "x64")? Reason: "Online Design" works from within Visual Studio IDE, which is a 32-bit process. By setting the target platform to "x86" (32 bits), you get closer to what happens with "Online Design".

3) Can you please try to assign different combinations to following static properties - in the code, before the very first OPC operation is attempted:

EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.UseCustomSecurity
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffActivationSecurity
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffCallSecurity

(TurnOffCallSecurity only has any influence when UseCustomSecurity == true)

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2015 11:33 #2601 by greubcrs
MappingKind ErrorMessage shows "access denied" in the Textbox when I start my Apllication.

So there must be anything allowed in my OPC Server, I think.
But why does it update the Value in Design Online Mode?

I try an other way to get the Values like this:

Dim easydaclient As New OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient

Public opcserver As String = "my opcserver"
Public opcpath As String = "OPC.SimaticNET.1"
Textbox1..Text = easydaclient.GetPropertyValue(opcserver, opcpath, "myvalue", "2")

and this works fine, but ist not a live binding.

regards

More
12 Jan 2015 15:53 #2596 by support
Thank you for the video.

It is quite likely that instead of an update that actually carries a valid data value, an update comes in with an error message. When you bind just the Value, it then looks like no updates are coming.

In order to get better diagnostics, please add an additional static text control, bind it to the Simatic server and tag, but set the MappingKind to ErrorMessage.

Best regards

More
12 Jan 2015 09:17 #2594 by greubcrs

File Attachment:

File Name: vb-qickopc.mpg
File Size:1,595 KB
Attachments:

More
08 Jan 2015 17:31 #2592 by admin
I have enabled .MPG now - please try again.

More
08 Jan 2015 15:12 #2591 by greubcrs
Hello the Extension is mpg

More
08 Jan 2015 15:05 #2590 by support
Thank you. What is the file extension of the video? I will allow it for posting.

More
08 Jan 2015 12:10 - 08 Jan 2015 12:11 #2589 by greubcrs
Hello,

1. Im using no Breakpoints or anyting else.
2. When I Start my Apllication without Visual Studio I have the same issue
3. In debug an release configuration same issue too
4. binding only Values
5. Yes I mean the simulation server you hip with the product
6. yes I have done this but I also have this problem

I make a small video to show you my problem
but i cant attach it on this post

Tanks for your help

regards Carsten
Last edit: 08 Jan 2015 12:11 by greubcrs.

More
07 Jan 2015 15:05 #2586 by support
Can you please clarify some points?

1. When you say "....I start the debugging", are you actually stopping the program (e.g. using breakpoints) momentarily?
2. I understand that in design mode the values do update. Are you saying that they also update when you run the program without the debugger?
3. Does the behavior actually depend on a) whether you run under debugger or not, or b) whether you build it in Debug or Release configuration?
4. Have you made some binding to display the status/errors? (see the documentation). The aim is to distinguish the case where NO updates are coming whatsoever, from the case where there is some error )with an associated explanatory message...).
5. "... with the DEMO OPCServer" - do you mean the simulation server we ship with the product?
6. "... with the DEMO OPCServer" - are you using the same program but just with different bindings? Can you place both the binding for Simatic and for the demo server on the same form and run them together ? - trying to eliminate other reasons for the difference.

Thank you

More
07 Jan 2015 10:51 #2585 by greubcrs
Hello,

I have installed the Demo of QuickOPC.NET and try to get values form my Simatic OPC Server V8.2.

I can connect an bind Items, but when I start the debugging my values will not be updatet. When I switch to Design Online mode my values will be updated.

I also tried the connect with the DEMO OPCserver and there my values in both cases will be updated.

regards Carsten

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds