Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Is x64 platform supported?

More
03 Sep 2014 16:38 #2220 by support
Replied by support on topic Is x64 platform supported?
M.,

Yes, I agree that it is weird – obviously you have a 64-bit system and some programs are running in 64 bits.
It could be that “AnyCPU” works only because for some unknown reason, it runs the app in 32-bit mode anyway.

But our customers are using QuickOPC in 64-bit processes all the time – usually with AnyCPU on 64-bit systems, but setting the platform to x64 should also work.

Are you sure you have done the platform selection correctly in Visual Studio? Remember there is a solution-wide setting (that’s the one on the toolbar), this one selects it for the solution. Then, each project has the actual platform assigned to that solution platform individually, so in fact it is possible so have e.g. the solution platform x64, while the project compiles for AnyCPU or x86. To be absolutely sure, check Build->Configuration Manager. Things can get messy there.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2014 16:37 #2219 by support
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 2:49 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Re: OPC Labs Contact Form - QuckOpc .Net supported version

I don't understand why this is happening.
I have a 64 bit system, as well CCleaner work as 64 bit.
I compiled my program as Any Cpu, then why it works as x86. Look at screenshot.

Probably a problem with me, if you say that x64 is supported, for me that's enough.

Thanks

Attachments:

More
03 Sep 2014 12:31 #2216 by support
I tried to reproduce your problem (on Windows 7 SP1, 64-bits), but was not successful.

When you compile for AnyCPU and run your application and observe its process in Task Manager, does it have “*32” appended to the name of process, or not?
Regards

More
03 Sep 2014 12:30 #2215 by support
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 9:50 AM

I work for a company to improve their product. x64 is not a whim, it's a requirement of leader.
Perhaps Any Cpu they want, but I'm not sure.

More
03 Sep 2014 11:59 #2214 by support
Dear Sir,
I will try to reproduce this.

May I ask, why you want to build specifically for x64? What do you see as benefit of doing that?

And, when you compile for AnyCPU and run your application and observe its process in Task Manager, does it have “*32” appended to the name of process, or not?

Many thanks for answers, and best regards

More
03 Sep 2014 11:58 #2213 by support
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 7:56 AM

See what I did:
I created a new project added the links
OpcLabs.BaseLib
BaseLibExceptions
EasyOpcClassic
EasyOpcClassicInternal
EasyOpcClassicNative
EasyOpcClassicNativeApi

And wrote only one line
var sv = easyDAClient1.BrowseServers ("", OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OpcTechnologies.All);

When I compile under any platform that all works, but when I compile under x64, the program would crash with this error
"System.AccessViolationException" in amd64_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw_5.31.1331.1.dll

More
02 Sep 2014 15:27 #2212 by support
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your interest in our products.

The demo applications for .NET are built for the “AnyCPU”, meaning that they will run as 64-bit process on 64-bit systems, and as 32-bit process on 32-bit systems. On a 64-bit system, you should be able to verify this yourself by looking at the process in the Task Manager: 32-bit processes have "*32" next to their process name, 64-bit processes do not have it.

This is true for the demo apps that ship with the product as binaries (Note: Do not be confused by the fact that installs under "...\Program Files (x86)\..." on 64-bit systems).

If you open the example solutions with the source code, which also contain the demo apps, you will be also able to set the target specifically to x64 or x86, if you like, and it will work as expected. This should usually be not needed.

Best regards
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
02 Sep 2014 15:23 #2211 by support
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 5:18 PM
Subject: OPC Labs Contact Form - QuckOpc .Net supported version

Hi,

I'm interested in your library [...]. I downloaded the latest version 5.31 to view api.

The problem is that the sample applications are not compiled for x64, please tell me, this platform is supported? (as well I'm using C# .Net framewovrk 4.5)

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds