Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Timestamps - why offset to local time, and their general sematics

More
26 Jan 2023 19:44 #11465 by support
OK so this is a different problem.

Is this with real ("device") tags on the KepServer, or with its simulated tags? Because, the simulated tags have some weird behaviors.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2023 08:40 #11461 by LithalethuYotsi
I got a timestamp only when restarting the .NET application when I restarted it. If I don't restart the app and trigger the bound tags, the timestamps don't change on the app but change on the OPC Client

More
25 Jan 2023 07:50 #11460 by support
I do not understand what you are talking about. That seems to be a different issue. And I do not know the full sequence of steps you have taken. Describe it in detail step by step.

You original problem that you had was that you *DID* get a new, but incorrect timestamp.
Now you are talking about *NOT* receiving some timestamp update.

Regards

More
25 Jan 2023 07:43 #11459 by LithalethuYotsi
I noticed that the timestamp doesn't get updated on the app even when it does change on the client when a tag gets triggrered. That can't be a server issue

More
25 Jan 2023 07:30 #11458 by LithalethuYotsi

More
25 Jan 2023 07:11 #11457 by support
So you have just proved that the problem is on the server side. Contact Kepware.

More
25 Jan 2023 06:51 #11456 by LithalethuYotsi
Correct, it doesn't, how do I sort this out ?

Regards

More
24 Jan 2023 17:04 #11454 by support
Yes,

but what happens if, in this situation, you close the OPC Quick Client and then start it again? Will it keep the timestamp it has displayed before?

Regards

More
24 Jan 2023 13:41 #11453 by LithalethuYotsi
Hi

Your response is much appreciated, the issue is not on the server. I've been on the line to simulate certain scenarios and the values change accordingly. I've attached two screen shots, first one is OPC Quick Client and second is a snippet of my application. The timestamp tag "RG06 Cabline.Node90.Machine_Status.CABLINE ALL PREOP" is bound to the label opposite Preoperation Enabled control on my application and the times don't match, I've tried both livebinding and low level code and the result is identical.
Attachments:

More
24 Jan 2023 13:22 #11452 by support
Hello,
this is a valid concern and a good question.

However, QuickOPC only delivers to you the timestamps provided by the OPC server. It does not modify them. If the KepServerEX does not send the right timestamp, it is the server that needs to be fixed. Contact their support.

In OPC "Classic", there is just one timestamp. If you are using or can switch to OPC UA, you will find two timestamps there: SourceTimestamp and ServerTimestamp. There is a chance (but just a chance) that one (SourceTimestamp) will be the way you want it.

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds