Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

SEHException

More
10 Jun 2014 17:40 - 10 Jun 2014 17:40 #2036 by support
Replied by support on topic SEHException
Please upgrade to version 5.23 or 5.30 first. It might be a problem that is already resolved.
Last edit: 10 Jun 2014 17:40 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2014 16:46 #2035 by cdunlap
SEHException was created by cdunlap
Hi,

I have a customer running a custom client and they experience a weird error every few months that I was hoping you would have some input on. After restarting the client, the error doesn't appear again for a few months.

They get an unhandled exception:
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception information: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.CDAInnerEngine.ExecuteAlgorithm(OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.CDAInnerEngine*, CSynchronizedAlgorithm *)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.ExecuteEngineAlgorithm (CSynchronizedAlgorithm *)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.ReadMultipleItems(OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawDAItemArguments[])
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadMultipleItems(OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.DAItemArguments[])
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItem (OpcLabs.EasyOpc.ServerDescriptor, OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.DAItemDescriptor)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItem (System.String, System.String, System.String, OpcLabs.EasyOpc.VarType)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItem (System.String, System.String, System.String)
   at DrvOPC.clDrvOPC.GetFlagValue (BDLinq.stFlag ByRef)
   N2N3.ClSurveille.Surveille to ()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object)
   to System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart to ()

I see that this has something to do with an exception that is raised by unmanaged code. I am not sure what steps would be the best approach in debugging the issue - especially since it only happens once every few months! I see here that they suggest looking at this property (and I can do that) but I was wondering if you had any other suggestions on what could be causing the issue or a good place to get started.

They are using version 5.10.1316.1 of the dlls.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds