Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Use QuickOPC to implement OPC bridge

More
14 Nov 2010 15:27 #138 by support
J.,

Yes, you can QuickOPC for this - in fact, the OPC bridging can be implemented in just a few lines of code. I would see the platforms as very similar in what you get in the end, so the choice really depends on your preferences, and maybe other integration needs you have. If you like C# or VB.NET, pick QuickOPC.NET; if you dislike compilers, you can use e.g. VBScript with QuickOPC-COM. Both .NET and -COM have methods to invoke dialogs that allow the user to select the tags.

If you pick the tool, I can then work with you and send you the code skeleton needed to implement the bridge.

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

Original Message
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:39 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: OPC Client Application Tools

I want to create a simple tool to bridge tags within a single server. I'm looking at your QuickOPC-COM and QuickOPC-NET products. I want to create a simple user interface to browse/configure (i.e. select source & destination tags) and then a service to do the bridging behind the scenes without any user interface. Haven't picked a technology or development platform yet so I'd value your recommendation.

Best Regards,
<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds