Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Exception AccessViolationException when running demos

More
10 Oct 2013 15:07 #1469 by byteslash
Bug resolved. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2013 14:35 #1468 by byteslash
Thanks. downloading now.

More
09 Oct 2013 19:40 #1467 by support
Hi, the build (5.22.413.1) with a fix for the problem you found is now the publicly posted one in the Download area of our Web site.

More
09 Oct 2013 13:56 #1461 by support
There seems to be a problem in the build we have recently posted (5.22.397.1). Thank you for discovering it.

We have now temporarily put back the previous build (5.22.362.1). Please download and reinstall.

We will fix the problem ASAP, too, and post an information here.

More
09 Oct 2013 12:11 - 09 Oct 2013 12:13 #1460 by byteslash
Hello people, this is me trying to learn about OPC. I installed QuickOPC 5.2 .NET and i can't run any demo whatsoever.

It always gives the same exception:
AccessViolationException, Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I am on a win7 pro 64bit machine with visual studio 2012 pro, running elevated VS. i have used the default simulator and matrikon's, the results are the same. what im i doing wrong? i didnt configure anything (maybe thats what im missing), just installed and tried the demos.

EDIT: given this code

var client = new EasyDAClient();
Console.WriteLine("Reading item...");
Console.WriteLine(client.ReadItemValue("", "OPCLabs.KitServer.2", "Demo.Ramp"));
Console.WriteLine("Press Enter to continue...");
Console.ReadLine();

The issue happens on the ReadItemValue call.
I have tried adding
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffActivationSecurity = true;
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffCallSecurity=true;

but it didnt help
Last edit: 09 Oct 2013 12:13 by byteslash.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds