Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

GE iFix OPC-UA component initialization error

More
19 Aug 2021 13:52 #10129 by support
Hello.

I need to know the actual error code and error message returned from QuickOPC call(s).

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2021 12:41 #10128 by bvader
Hi,

our customer has a strange error on our application developed in GE iFix 6.0. We are using QuickOPC Client as a COM object in the VBA environment of GE iFix.

Problem is the following:

- customer restarts the computer and iFix is started automatically
- user wants to login to the system where the Login form uses QuickOPC component to log in the user to the security system
- calls to the QuickOPC component return a general error and user is unable to login to the system
- I use a DEV bypass and close the iFix Workspace application and start it again
- user can succesfully log in

It looks like the QuickOPC component hasn't "initialized" because of some reason when the Worksapce application was started for the first time. If we close and open the Workspace againg everything works fine.

When Workspace is started for the first time all of the other functions and scripts, which don't call QuickOPC functions, work and execute normally.

Is ther a function or an argument to "Initialize" the component when the Workspace starts so that these restarts of the workspace application wouldn't be necessary?

OPC UA server is available at all times and I doubt that the server is causing problems.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds