Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC UA client developed with 2019 version of QuickOPC crashes under 2020 version

More
13 Aug 2020 11:18 #8758 by support
Hello,

we do not want people use old trial versions. Older versions has less feature and can have more bugs. The trial version runs for some amount of time since release, usually 9-13 months. During that time we normally release one or more new versions. I would expect that to try out a product, such time should be sufficient, don't you agree? Paid licenses have no such limitation.

If the normal trial validity time is not enough, then yes, you can either upgrade to a newer version, or you can ask us for an evaluation license, free of charge, that would cover the older versions, and will extend this time by couple of months, depending on your needs.

Regarding the crash: Make you sure you re-generate the QuickOPC units from their respective type libraries. This is described in the documentation, and failure to do so is the most likely reason for the crash.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkahlert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2020 08:59 #8757 by jkahlert
Hi,

I developed an OPC UA client under the 2019 (trial) version of QuickOPC under DELPHI on a Win 7 PC which ran without problems. Now I had to change to the 2020 version of QuickOPC cause the 2019 version was 'obsolete', also I had to change to a Win 10 PC cause the 2020 version seems to run no longer under Win 7. My client application now crashes immediately when I start it (program window disappears). I made no changes to the DELPHI source code so far and did not recompile the project. What can I do?

Best regards

Jörg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds