Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Delphi - Class not registered

More
10 Oct 2019 08:27 #7816 by support
Hello.

Re 1. Our OPC server have this address: opc.tcp://192.168.137.1:4840. Replacing the first parameter with this is allright?

Looks OK, but of course I cannot tell if it is actually correct in your environment.

Re 2. Our OPC server have variable (INT16) called temp_citac. How should I change the second parameter to read our variable?

That's not a full identification of the "variable". In OPC UA, the "variables" are indentifed by Node IDs, and you also need a namespace: namespace name or namespace index, read :
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...tml#OPC%20UA%20Node%20IDs.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...indices%20in%20Node%20Ids.html

You can find the full Node ID by browsing from your code, or you can use e.g. our Connectivity Explorer included with QuickOPC to view the nodes in the server, including their full Node IDs.

Re 3. What about privileges? How can I specify the name and password to access this variable?

Are you saying that your server requires not just authentication of the client application (this is done through certificates), but also authentication of the actual user?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 08:06 #7815 by support
As a minimum, you need to include QuickOPC assemblies (.DLLs) with your application, and register them (using tools that are already in WIndows OS).
And you need to take care of the license - we have LicenseManager or LMConsole tool for that, but it can also be stored into the registry e.g. using a .REG file and and a REGEDIT tool - again, that is already present in the WIndows OS.

More
10 Oct 2019 07:47 #7814 by uk005
Replied by uk005 on topic Delphi - Class not registered
So I can not create client application and run it without need of installation of another "tools"? ...

More
10 Oct 2019 07:00 #7813 by support
Hello,
you probably have not selected "COM development" during your first installation.

The app won't run on another machine without additional steps. Study the User's Guide (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...l#QuickOPC%20Cover%20Page.html ), section Application Deployment.

I will reply to your other questions later. In the future, put every separate question/issue into its own forum thread.

Best regards

More
10 Oct 2019 06:54 #7812 by uk005
Replied by uk005 on topic Delphi - Class not registered
UPDATE:

I reinstall the COM of OPC Labs and finally the Type Libraries shows in the Import Component list. Now I am able to run the application without the error "Class not registered...". But this error still show when I copy this application to another machine. So ... still stuck at the same step.

More
10 Oct 2019 06:33 #7811 by uk005
Dear community,

I am trying to create simple application in Delphi 10 but getting the error: Class not registered, ClassID: {54AFB0EA-9809-4D1D-AFBE-0EC164C59A45}. Maybe the problem is because I can not import the Type Libraries because I do not see the OPC Labs libraries in my system. But the installation of OPC SDK was successful.

Next problem I have with Read / Write commands. Example from OPC Labs:
Value := Client.ReadValue(
    'http://opcua.demo-this.com:51211/UA/SampleServer',
    'nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10853');

1. Our OPC server have this address: opc.tcp://192.168.137.1:4840. Replacing the first parameter with this is allright?
2. Our OPC server have variable (INT16) called temp_citac. How should I change the second parameter to read our variable?
3. What about privileges? How can I specify the name and password to access this variable?

Thank you.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds