Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Importing Type Libraries to Delphi (Part 2)

More
14 May 2018 13:13 #6326 by support
Unfortunately, the answer is negative.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2018 11:45 #6325 by garysn
Hi,

after a break (due to an other project) I'm now continuing my QuickOPC Test.

After following the instruction on Installing QuickOPC on Delphi
everything works fine but there is an issue after importing the components in Delphi Seattle.

When compiling I will get more than 300 warnings of the following types:

- Method 'Equals' hides virtual method of base type 'TObject'
- Method 'GetHashCode' hides virtual method of base type 'TObject'
- Redeclaration of 'ToString' hides a member of the base class

Is there a way to avoid these warnings? Inside our company we have a "0 warnings policy - so I'm not allowed to use a third party component that create any warning.

Of cause I'm able to fix all these warnings manually in the generated code, but what happes when I make a update e.g. from your Version 2018.1 to 2018.2?

When re-importing the new version all my fixes will be lost and I have to do fix all warnings again :-(

Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks for your help

garysn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds