Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

BadNodeIdUnknown error

More
04 Nov 2022 12:36 #11186 by support
Replied by support on topic BadNodeIdUnknown error
You have not answered my question.

From where do you have the information that the node IDs to use should be "ns=2;s=GdsCounter" and "ns=2;s=DhsCounter" ?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2022 11:42 #11185 by samirhaj
Replied by samirhaj on topic BadNodeIdUnknown error
Hi,

I just put an example of the read command but for the moment I just write values to the OpcUa server. The values that I write (e.g. "ns=2;s=DhsCounter") are calculated inside my application. My application does some calculations and calculates the values that I am going to send them over to OpcUa server.

Could it be something wrong on the server side?

Best regards.

More
03 Nov 2022 19:25 #11184 by support
Replied by support on topic BadNodeIdUnknown error
Hello.

Well, it's what the error says: the node Id is unknown to the server. Where do you take them from ("ns=2;s=GdsCounter" and "ns=2;s=DhsCounter")?

Notes (not necessarily relevant to the issue):
1. Your program should not crash under such conditions, because you never know when the server config can change. Catch the appropriate exception and/or test the result.
2. Identifying namespace by their index ("ns=2"), unless it is a namespace 0, is not recommended, because the server can change the namespace indexes even between sessions. Good code should identify the namespaces by their URI ("nsu=").

Best regards

More
03 Nov 2022 18:09 #11183 by samirhaj
Hello,

I am running an application under .Net framework with using Opclab sdk. When I start my application to read/write values of different types (boolean, integer, float, etc) , it crashes with the following error;

The status of the OPC-UA attribute data is not Good. The actual status is 'BadNodeIdUnknown'. The client method called was 'WriteMultiple'.

I am reading and writing values from/to OpcUa server like the following;

rollingCounterGds = Convert.ToInt16(_client.Read("opc.tcp://127.0.0.1:62333/DrillView", "ns=2;s=GdsCounter").Value);
_client.WriteValue("opc.tcp://127.0.0.1:62333/DrillView", "ns=2;s=DhsCounter", dhsToGdsDb.DhsCounter);

Could you please advise on how to resolve this?

Best regards.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds