Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Euromap 63 and 77

More
24 Mar 2021 15:31 #9552 by support
Replied by support on topic Euromap 63 and 77
I do not see any custom Data types in the PDF document you have sent. They are all Object types. ProductionDatasetManagementType is also an Object type.

Found two data types in OPC 40083 (PageEntryDataType, ActiveErrorDataType). But you may not need them, plus they are so simple that it would not be too difficult to decode/encode them in your own code.

I cannot go into deep study of all these companion specs, but my best understanding at this point is that QuickOPC Professional should be sufficient for you.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: federica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2021 09:42 #9549 by federica
Replied by federica on topic Euromap 63 and 77
I found this specification: www.euromap.org/media/recommendations/77/2020/EUROMAP77_Release_1.01.zip

If I correctly understood, the specs demand use of types defined in other OPC specifications (for example, ProductionDatasetManagementType defined in OPC 40083).
They can be consedered complex data, can't they?
Are this types alreay defined, implemented and hadled by the QuickOPC library? If so, in which version?

Thank you

Best regards
Federica

More
23 Mar 2021 19:14 #9545 by support
Replied by support on topic Euromap 63 and 77
I so not know the details about these specs, but I do not know about anything specific for which the Professional Edition would not be sufficient.

The current table with edition features is here: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...e.html#Product%20Editions.html .

The only thing that needs checking is whether these specs do not demand use of custom data types ("complex data"); note that in OPC UA, data types are different from object types or variable types etc. Custom objects types, variable etc. are all OK with Professional Edition. But, for custom data types (that is, the actual values that are read/written/being subscribed to), you would need the Enterprise Edition.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: federica

More
23 Mar 2021 11:13 - 23 Mar 2021 11:19 #9542 by federica
Euromap 63 and 77 was created by federica
Hi,

I need to interface our MES with a plastic machinery that supports Euromap 63 and Euromap 77.

I'm developing in C++ (COM) and at the moment I'm using QuickOpc Professional Edition.

Can I use this version in order to integrate the machine or do I need to upgrate to another version of the library?
Can I fully support Euromap standards?

Thanks
Federica
Last edit: 23 Mar 2021 11:19 by federica.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds