Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Use of EasyDaClient hangs application

More
24 Mar 2021 09:41 #9548 by support
Now, this is reaching a point where I cannot help more because (if I understand well) this is with the old version of QuickOPC. We do not officially support them. So if it's relatively easy to help, we will try to help, even with the old version. But that is not the case here.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2021 03:56 #9524 by saratalley
This is the error I am now receiving after disabling unboxing:

OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OperationModel.OpcException: An OPC operation failure with error ID 'RawEasyDAClient.HResult=0xC004C010' occurred, originating from '' and with depth of 1. The inner exception contains details about the problem. ---> System.TimeoutException: Write not completed. This error indicates that it could not be verified that the requested write operation was completed during the timeout period. It is possible that the write operation will actually succeed or fail, but later. Increase the timeout period if you want to obtain positive or negative indication of the operation outcome. Other reason for this error may be that under heavy loads, topic request or response queue is overflowing. Check the event log for queue overflow errors (if event logging is supported by the product and enabled).
+ The client method called was 'WriteMultipleItemValues'.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Internal.EasyUtilities.CheckSuccess(OperationResult operationResult)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.IEasyDAClientExtension.WriteItemValue(IEasyDAClient client, DAItemValueArguments itemValueArguments)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.IEasyDAClientExtension.WriteItemValue(IEasyDAClient client, ServerDescriptor serverDescriptor, DAItemDescriptor itemDescriptor, Object value)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.IEasyDAClientExtension.WriteItemValue(IEasyDAClient client, String machineName, String serverClass, String itemId, Object value, VarType dataType)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.IEasyDAClientExtension.WriteItemValue(IEasyDAClient client, String machineName, String serverClass, String itemId, Object value)

More
27 Jan 2021 08:58 #9365 by support
In most or all cases, similar problems have been caused by the BoxedApp library we are using. It can be disabled: kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing . Because the precise settings depend on the QuickOPC version, I suggest that you use the "universal", combined settings file that is at the bottom of the article.

In fact, there is a chance that disabling the BoxedApp would help with the current version as well. I would be interested to know you results.

Best regards

More
26 Jan 2021 21:35 #9363 by saratalley
Yes, I'm running the application from VS when it hangs. I will test if it hangs when running the compiled executable. Can I get the workaround for Windows 10.

Thanks.

More
24 Jan 2021 20:23 #9356 by support
Hello,
yes, older QuickOPC versions had issues on newer Windows 10 versions, although there is a workaround (let me know if you need it).

Regarding the current problem, are you running your program from Visual Studio when it hangs? If so, can you first check whether it also hangs if you start the compiled executable e.g. from the File Explorer?

Best regards
Z.

More
24 Jan 2021 00:38 #9355 by saratalley
I have Windows version 20H2, when I tried to run a previously written application that used the EasyDaClient 2018.3 Visual Studio would randomly crash with no indication of the what the problem might be, other than "sometimes" a user access violation occurred message would be displayed - please note I did NOT try to run this application as the problem I was trying to fix was resolved using a computer with an older windows version. I was finally able to conclude that for my development machine I needed the 2020 version of QuickOPC that would support the version of windows I am using and VS no longer crashes on opening. However, now when I try to run my application it hangs if EasyDaClient is added to the solution. I did have the reference to version 5.59.492, but removed that and updated to 5.59.1034, but the application continues to hang if I add an EasyDaClient control, either to the form or dynamically via code. I have gone through my code and commented out line by line, and the EasyDaClient is the only portion that causes the application to hang. There are no error messages/output that I have been able to find and no exceptions thrown. The application just becomes unresponsive.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds