Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Our .Net program crashes when the customer tries to browse for OPC servers or i

More
06 Aug 2020 07:51 #8716 by support
Hello,

ad 11: "...a similar crash when browsing for items.". It is actually quite important for me to get the details of it as well. What I mean is the entry (entries) from Windows Application Event Log, with the call stack - similar to what the customer has provided in relation to browsing for OPC servers.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2020 06:42 #8715 by micham
Hi,

11. They get a crash when they try to browse for OPC servers and OPC items. Since we were not able to browse for servers, we have created the OPC initialization file manually using the server name and the CLSID. This way, we could also try to browse for items. However, we got a similar crash when browsing for items.

12. Yes, Matrikon OPC Explorer and OPC Rescue works fine when browsing.

Thanks.

Michael

More
06 Aug 2020 06:31 #8714 by support
Hello.

Ad 9. The file appears OK.
Ad 11. Oh, I see. I probably partially misunderstood when you wrote "...is experiencing a crash each time he tries to browse for OPC Server or items.". The way I see it now, the issue really has to do with browsing for OPC Servers, so in fact the customer probably never even gets a chance to try to browse for items, because he does not get past the browse for servers, is that correct? (Or, it can be that the software allows to have the server's ProgID pre-selected, in which case they would not need to browse for it, but when they then try to browse *into* the server, for its items, it would still crash - is that the case?)

And one more question:
12. Besides the software based on QuickOPC (your app, and the EasyOPC demo etc.), is there any other OPC client software on those machines, and if so, how does that software behave? Can it browse OPC servers?

Thank you

More
06 Aug 2020 06:18 #8713 by micham
Hi,

8. I shall ask the customer.
9. The file is attached.
10. I shall ask the customer.
11. No. When they start the server browsing, the program crashes.

Thank you.

Michael
Attachments:

More
06 Aug 2020 06:09 #8712 by support
Thank you.

8. Is there any way I can get it reproduced here, such as installing the demo of the server?
9. And, can you please attach here the whole .config file, for verification.
10. Do they have the same running on some computer that does *not* have Windows 10 version 2004, or can that be tested?
11. On the same computer where the problem is happening, are they using your software to connect to any *other* OPC DA server? And that works fine?

Sorry to ask you so many things, but you know that I have a reason for it - to determine the best way to proceed.
Best regards

More
06 Aug 2020 05:54 #8711 by micham
Hi,

Answer for item 5:

We have created a new build of our program using the snippet below in our app.config file. The result is the same. The application is crashing/closing when trying to browse.
Please advise how to proceed.

Thank you.

Michael

<appSettings>
<add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementation.Native.Assemblies.EnableVC140RedistBoxer" value="false"/>
<add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Internal.OpcPSBoxing.EnableOpcCorePSBoxer" value="false"/>
<add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.ClientServer.UAClientEngineBase.EnableUACertificateGeneratorBoxer" value="false"/>
</appSettings>

More
05 Aug 2020 17:56 #8709 by micham
Hi,

Yes. Both computers have the same operating system.

Regards,

Michael

More
05 Aug 2020 14:42 #8708 by support
Hello.
Would it possible to find out if all the other computers where the problem appears also have Windows 10 version 2004?

Regards

More
05 Aug 2020 13:08 #8706 by micham
Hi,

See my answer below.

7. The problem occurs also on other computers.

I will try item 5 and let you know.

Regards,

Michael

More
05 Aug 2020 10:37 #8704 by support
Hello.
It looks like that I am seeing more issues pop up when people upgrade/are upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004.

Waiting for answers to questions 5 and 7.

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds