Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Computer Browser Dialog Minimizes after Acknowledgement

More
17 Jan 2016 11:19 #3773 by support
This is a known issue, and unfortunately, one for which we have no fix, just possible workarounds.

As you may have noticed, this dialog is different from all the others. It actually has no functionality that has to do with OPC, and is kind of a bonus. It is implemented by calling a Microsoft dialog from a Shell library - and that's where the problem really is, therefore we cannot easily fix it.

Possible workarounds include:

1. Attempt to restore your application window from the code after the dialog is finished.

2. Consider whether you actually need to select the computer separately. Many times, what is required is to select a particular OPC server on the network, and therefore, the OpcComputerAndServer dialog (or UAHostAndEndpoint dialog) is better suited for that.

3. You can get about the same functionality by using OpcBrowseDialog instead, and set its .Mode.SelectElementType to Computer.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2016 23:03 #3770 by mikeboiko
Hi,

Whenever I click Ok or Cancel on the Computer Browser Dialog, my application minimizes. This does not seem to happen for Server or Item dialogs.

I am using QuickOPC version 5.31.1424.1

Can you please help me fix this issue?

Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds