Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Issue no nodes present

More
09 Oct 2015 08:32 #3611 by lux1
Replied by lux1 on topic Issue no nodes present
Solution 3 works.

Thank you very much for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2015 19:58 #3609 by support
Replied by support on topic Issue no nodes present
Thank you - it is what I wanted. First thing first, only now when going through the log I have realized that we are dealing with version 5.23 (the log is much less detailed than it would be in newer versions). We do not normally support version 5.23, and an upgrade to current version (5.35) is highly recommended (requires .NET 4.5+, though).

Anyway, the issue may truly be caused by the fact that you are addressing the server by its IP address, whereas the server endpoints (as retuned by the server) use "br-automation" as the host name, which is probably not understood by the name resolution/DNS on the client side. These kinds of endpoint configuration problems are actually not unusual in the OPC UA world.

Possible solutions/workarounds:

1. Reconfigure the server to return endpoints that are accessible from and understood by the clients (probably not an option in your case).

2. Use the HOSTS file on the client to provide "manual" host name resolution. In your case, add an entry for "br-automation", pointing to the IP address you need. Usual location of the file is: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts .

3. Instruct QuickOPC to override the host name returned by the server by the host (address) specified originally. To do so, add the following line at the beginning of your program
EasyUAClient.AdaptableParameters.Session.EndpointSelectionPolicy.EnforceSameSite = true;
(a slightly different statement would be needed in case you are setting the .Isolated property of EasyUAClient to 'true', but I have no indication that it is the case).
Note that this last option cannot be used to change behavior of already compiled (binary) programs, such as the Demo (but the source code of all our examples is available and goes with the product, too).

Best regards

More
08 Oct 2015 14:12 #3607 by lux1
Like this?
Warning: Spoiler!

I attached the file with the outputs.
Attachments:

More
08 Oct 2015 09:00 #3604 by support
You are probably right. Before I give you the advice (we probably have a setting that can influence the behavior on our side), I'd like you to do one more thing: In your code, at the beginning, hook a handler to a static EasyUAClient.LogEntry event, and somehow print out or store into a text file all messages you receive in this way. Most likely it will contain the details about the endpoint provided by the server, and how the client side has dealed with (in relation to OPC UA compliance requirements).

Thank you

More
08 Oct 2015 08:45 #3603 by lux1
Thanks for your reply, I am pretty sure it was due to the change mentioned, the exception details are the following:

More
07 Oct 2015 16:33 #3600 by support
The problem can be related to the change in the server you have identified, or it can be something else.

For start, please provide details of the exceptions - e.g. as follows: On the left side of the yellow warning box in the browse dialog, there is a small button with ellipsis ("..."). Please use it to obtain the details of the exception. There should be a "Copy to Clipboard" feature as well. Please grab all that exception data and post it here.

Thank you

More
07 Oct 2015 14:52 #3599 by lux1
Issue no nodes present was created by lux1
I am using QuickOPC 5.23 in a visual c# windows form application. I am trying to read nodes from a PLC-Control running an OPC UA Server. In the past everything was fine, but a recent update from the PLC-Control runtime broke "everything"(well everything related to my quick OPC). Somehow I can't get any nodes, I can't see them(when browsing via live bindings) and I can't access them. Now the thing is, i can access it with some 3rd party software, everything is working fine there. I have read through the revision manifest of the runtime update which the hardware manufactur provides, there they state:

[1];

So how to handle this as client(with quick opc) in an "appropriate way"?

When I browse through the "binding dialog" you provide, there is an error saying something like "The requested name is valid, however there is no data".[2] As already stated before when I use some other (not your) client, it is working fine and data is there.

[1](Screenshot of the "bug fix")
[2](Browsing dialog, not finding any data on the server with the new update (192.168.0.14) showing how it was previously (192.168.0.158)
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds